moonlit whispers : part i

Sometimes, love blooms like moonflowers on a rooftop.

--🦋--

The Butterfly Mansion's rooftop was like a secret haven-a place where moonlight painted the tiles silver and the night breeze whispered ancient tales.

Giyu Tomioka, the Water Hashira, sat there, his bandaged wounds still healing. Shinobu Kocho, the Insect Hashira, joined him, her footsteps light as moth wings.

"Your injuries," Shinobu said, her voice soft. "Are they better?"

Giyu nodded, his gaze following hers. The moon hung low, a silver crescent against the indigo sky. "The stars," he murmured, "they're like scars—bright and distant."

Shinobu settled beside him, her kimono rustling. "Stars," she said, "are remnants of ancient light. They've witnessed countless stories—births, deaths, love, and loss."

Giyu's eyes held hers. "And what story do they tell tonight?"

Shinobu hesitated, her heart fluttering like a trapped butterfly. "They tell of quiet courage," she said. "Of warriors who heal and protect. Of moonlit rooftops where secrets bloom."

Giyu's hand brushed hers, and she felt the warmth of his touch. "And what secret do you keep, Shinobu?"

She leaned closer, her breath mingling with his. "That the moon is lovely," she whispered. "And that I've loved you since the first star blinked."

Giyu's lips met hers, and the night held its breath. The stars shimmered in approval, and the moon—the silent observer—smiled down upon them.

As their kiss deepened, Shinobu realized that sometimes, the most profound declarations were whispered under the stars. And perhaps, in this moon-kissed moment, she'd found her forever.

--🌊--

PS. Part 2 coming soon!