lillies of farewell

Warning : Sad Ending!

--🦋--

The dark pine forest was suffused with an eerie glow—the luminous lilies that bloomed only at night. Their petals shimmered like fallen stars, casting delicate shadows on the forest floor. Giyuu Tomioka and Shinobu Kocho moved silently through the underbrush, their swords at the ready.

Mukago, the demon they sought, was known for his regenerative abilities and plant-based attacks. His vines could ensnare even the most agile demon slayers, and his laughter echoed through the twisted trees - a sound that chilled the blood.

As they walked deeper into the forest, Mukago emerged from the twisted foliage, his eyes gleaming with malice. His vines snaked toward Shinobu, but Giyuu swiftly deflected the deadly tendrils with his blade.

Shinobu danced around the demon, her katana a blur. She sliced through the vines, each strike precise and lethal. But Mukago’s regenerative abilities were formidable; his wounds healed almost instantly. He lunged at her, and she leaped backward, narrowly avoiding his grasp.

Giyuu fought alongside her, his sword a silver arc in the moonlight. His Water Breathing technique clashed with Mukago’s plant-based attacks. The ground trembled as roots burst forth, threatening to ensnare them both. Giyuu’s strong determination held them at bay.

They cornered him near a moonlit clearing. Mukago's eyes glowed with malevolence as he lunged at Shinobu. Giyuu intercepted the attack, standing as a shield between Shinobu and the demon. But Mukago's touch was insidious; it seeped through the fabric of Giyuu's haori, poisoning him.

Shinobu's eyes widened. "Tomioka-san!"

She injected her venom into Mukago's heart, weakening him. But the demon's laughter grew louder. "You think your poison can stop me? I'll feast on your despair!" With that it fell to the ground and perished on its own.

Giyuu staggered, his vision blurring, his face pale. "Shinobu…I think I'm turning into a demon. You have to kill me."

"No," she whispered, tears streaming down her face. "I won't lose you."

His fangs elongated, craving her blood. The darkness clawed at his mind, urging him to bite her, to become a demon. But Shinobu clung to him, her arms around his trembling form.

"There's a cure," she said fiercely. "I'll find it. You won't leave me."

He fought the urge, his resolve crumbling. "Shinobu…"

She kissed his forehead. "I love you, Giyuu. We'll find a way."

But he knew. The poison consumed him, twisting his thoughts. He couldn't risk hurting her. In a desperate act of love, he wrenched her hand toward him, the blade of his sword gleaming in the moonlight.

"Forgive me," he murmured.

And with a swift motion, he plunged the sword into his own heart.

As the lilies wept their pale light, Giyuu crumpled into Shinobu's arms. His breaths grew shallow, and the darkness receded.
And in that deep, quiet forest, Giyuu Tomioka—a demon slayer who chose death over darkness, died peacefully in his loved one's arm.

The lilies watched, their petals trembling, as love and sacrifice intertwined under their fragile glow.

--🌊--