secret training

--🦋--

Shinobu Kocho, the strict and vibrant demon slayer, had a bone to pick with Giyuu Tomioka. It wasn't about his swordsmanship or his no-nonsence  demeanor. No, it was something far more scandalous: Giyuu was spending an inordinate amount of time training with the bubbly and cheerful Mitsuri Kanroji.

Every morning, Shinobu would find them in the courtyard, laughing and practicing together. Their camaraderie was infuriating. Giyuu, the Water Hashira, was supposed to be focused on demon-slaying, not giggling like a schoolboy with Mitsuri. Shinobu couldn't stand it.

One day, she cornered Giyuu after their training session. Her eyes narrowed, and her voice dripped with passive aggression. "Tomioka-san," she said sweetly, "I hope you're enjoying your little playdates with Kanroji-san. Perhaps you'd like to invite her to tea next time?"

Giyuu blinked, clearly caught off guard. "Uh, Kocho, we're just training. Nothing more."

"Of course," Shinobu replied, her smile never wavering. "Training. Because that's what demon slayers do—train and train and train. But some of us have responsibilities beyond that, you know."

Giyuu scratched his head, looking utterly bewildered. "Responsibilities?"

"Yes," Shinobu said, leaning in closer. "Like maintaining our reputation as serious demon slayers. Not gallivanting around with pink-haired lovebirds."

---

Mitsuri noticed Shinobu's icy glares and Giyuu's flustered responses. She couldn't help but wonder what was going on. Why was Shinobu so bothered by their training sessions? And why did Giyuu look like a deer caught in headlights whenever Shinobu was around?

Determined to get to the bottom of it, Mitsuri decided to play detective. She followed Shinobu one evening, hiding behind trees and bushes like a ninja. She watched as Shinobu entered a secluded garden, where she found none other than Giyuu waiting.

And then Mitsuri saw it—their secret. Shinobu and Giyuu, lips locked in a passionate kiss. Her eyes widened, and she clapped her hands over her mouth to stifle a gasp. The stern Hashira and the stoic Water Hashira were secretly in love!

---

Mitsuri couldn't contain her excitement. She burst out of her hiding spot, startling Shinobu and Giyuu. "Oh my goodness!" she squealed. "You two are adorable! I ship it!"

Shinobu turned a shade of red that matched her butterfly-patterned haori. Giyuu looked like he wanted to sink into the ground. "Mitsuri," Shinobu hissed, "this is none of your business!"

"But it's so romantic!" Mitsuri gushed. "Forbidden love! Passionate kisses! You two are like characters from a novel!"

Shinobu sighed, defeated. "Fine, Mitsuri. But not a word to anyone else."

And so, the secret love affair of Shinobu and Giyuu continued. Mitsuri promised to keep their secret, but she couldn't resist adding, "Maybe next time, invite me to your secret training, too!"

--🌊--