(GN) Ch. 87 - Little Rat

Chase POV

I struggled to keep my distance, but I couldn't resist. It had been hours since I'd seen her, and the ache inside me was unbearable.

I hoped knowing her appointment went well would ease my mind, allowing me to give her some space, but it was no help. I tried to convince the doctor to tell me about her appointment, and I was met with a tight lip jerk. Even me, a strong Alpha at his throat, and he refused to say a word about her test results.

Our little pixie had such a strong hold over everyone around her, and as annoying as it was, I couldn't help but feel overwhelmed with joy that our pack accepted her. Most that met her already shown they would try and protect her.

She was our Luna in every way. I couldn't wait to tell her. She needed to know that we belonged to her and that the North and South were hers to rule.

Walking to the barracks to annoy my little pixie with my presence, I saw Katherine in the courtyard, my courtyard. She was told to stay on River's side.

Drake had to be the one to set down the rules to Katherine because River and I wouldn't be able to stop our wolves from ripping out her heart. I didn't see a reason that little rat of a person should live, but Drake swore her death would only cause Kiera more pain.

"Alpha Chase." Katherine's voice was sickly sweet as I approached her, trying to restrain myself from watching her bleed. I always knew she was a wolf out for herself, but I didn't think it was my mate she was stomping on.

"Weren't you instructed to remain on River's side?" Loki's growl reverberated from deep within me.

"Yes, but I was simply assisting others in gathering flowers for the vases in the grand hall. They're wilting and look dreadful. A pack house as prestigious as this one should always exude power and vitality, just like its Alphas," Katherine replied smoothly.

"Go back to River's quarter, and don't leave!"

"Of course, right away. I didn't mean to upset you," Katherine responded, feigning innocence as she turned away. But I could see through her facade.

She was playing a game, trying to snoop around while portraying herself as the perfect Luna to manage our castle. My brothers and I weren't interested in superficial appearances though. We wanted someone who could end all the darkness in our lives, and Kiera was the only woman for the job.

"Alpha Chase?" Katherine turned back to face me, pushing her luck even further. My hand twitched at my side to feel her heart stop beating in my palm. "Did I do something wrong? You seem unhappy with me, and I'm not sure why."

"I know how you manipulated and plotted against your sister. You should have treated your family better. Family is everything to my brothers and me. Now, get out of my face before I watch you take your last breath," I said firmly, my voice edged with warning.

Her eyes widened in disbelief, realizing that I was serious about wanting her dead.

"There has to be a misunderstanding. I have always supported my sister. Whatever she said isn't true. I'm sure she believes it is, but I swear, I have always taken care of her, of our pack. I'm just trying to bring peace between the North and South," she protested desperately.

I moved closer, my eyes blazing with fury, ready to act on my instincts. Just as my arm extended, Drake was beside me, his hand around my wrist. "I told you not to kill her," he reminded me sternly.

"She lies!" Loki spoke through me, demanding retribution for our mate.

"Go inside and don't leave!" Drake ordered Katherine, and she ran away crying, mumbling nonsense about her sister stealing everything from her.