|CH18|

I glance down at my phone as I'm getting my locs retwisted

I glance down at my phone as I'm getting my locs retwisted. Another text from Eliza sits in my notifications. It seems with every five minutes that passes another text is sent. At first it was hey, then how am I doing, then do I need anything, then was I free tonight, then lastly am I ignoring him? And the question truly is. Am I? Am I ignoring him?

I hate the way I treat Eliza. Similar to how Jaziel treated me. Keeping me at his disposal, sleeping with me whenever he felt like it and replying to texts whenever it was convenient. Why did I do that? I'm truly not sure. Why is it so hard to give Eliza everything I gave Jaziel? That desperate oh so in love energy. One could say maybe it's because we have a connection through Jaziel. And that prevents me from opening up to him. Though the real possibility is that it's too soon. Too soon to open up, too soon to love, and honestly was too soon for sex but we'd already crossed that bridge by the time I'd realized it. Now he speaks of building something together, sure it's something as small as giving me an entire dresser of space in his apartment but even that is too much for me. And when he speaks of family he says things like "they'll love you" or "you'll see" and my stomach gets this pained feeling like I better end things now than later.

After my appointment I head home only to find Eliza's BMW parked right out front. I sigh deeply as I climb out at the same moment he's climbing out of his car. We meet halfway and I can see the genuine concern on his face. "You've been ignoring me Key." He mentions.

I can see it in his eyes he's in love and I have to force myself to look away. "It was never meant to get this deep and you know it." I remind him.

"Now I know," he breathes out his chest rising and falling slowly. "What made Jaziel Mithen lose his shit." His reaches his hand out moving a loc out of my face. "A beautiful face with a beautiful soul? How could I resist that?"

As I unlock my front door I can feel him pressing himself against my ass and as much as I try to push away the feelings the sex between us seems to be exactly what I need right now. I turn around gasping as he instantly kisses me and I can't stop myself from kissing him back. He lifts me up off of my feet and carries me into my apartment and as we kiss all the way up the elevator he peels my shirt down slowly dragging his tongue across my skin. I let out a moan clinging onto him as we step off the elevator and though I know this isn't a good choice I can't help but give in. Even as we're inside my apartment my decision doesn't change.

Though it should've.

I ignore the feeling of my phone vibrating inside of my back pocket and as my pants slide down the feeling fades away as they hit the floor.

A call I'll have always wished I would've answered.

• • • •

It was 2:45am when I'd received my first call and it was from Trinity. I remember the panic and anxiousness in her tone. Saying words I'll always remember. "Mom and dad were attacked last night. They were robbed, dad is...dad- Keshay where are you? We need you! Just come home it's an emergency! Mom's in the hospital I don't know what to say. I can't say this over the phone right now.." I remember the way she released sobs and choked on her tears. I remember the way my heart pounded as I sat naked in bed with a sheet wrapped around me and a sleeping Eliza by my side.