|CH40|

Jaziel Mithen•
"Jaz"

She looks different in a way I can't describe.

More beautiful, not like she never was beautiful. But certain features of her look different. Her face looks brighter, in the midst of losing her parents, having a hit placed on her head, and all of this chaos her skin glows more than it did in the past. Come to think of it, I can't recall her skin ever glowing like this when we were together. The bags that used to be under her eyes occasionally were gone and it looks like she even put on some weight, her thighs thicker in the purple work out shorts she's wearing, and her breasts fuller in the white t-shirt she has on. Her hair has even grown longer, signifying the time we've truly spent apart from one another. Her locs hang down to the middle of her forearm.

Keshay is the most beautiful woman I ever seen.

And it's a reflection of myself and how badly I had treated her at times seeing her beauty ignite in the time she spent around another man.

The other man.

My jaw clenches as I see her hand play with the coffee mug. We're currently standing in the kitchen talking in my new home. It's in a secluded area no one other than my security team and now Keshay have access or knowledge about. While Francesca who is a muddled aged woman I hired to help me with Tasia. Who is currently sleeping and from what I know Francesca laid her down almost fifteen minutes ago in her new bedroom inside the pink crib I just purchased.

I never knew the feeling that Keshay felt, that is until I saw that ring on her finger. I tried to act as if my true reasoning for being upset was because of how she left, and yes I do have a reason to be upset about that. But I felt a certain sickness inside of me seeing that ring on her finger, my confidence was so high when I spoke to Trinity over the phone. When she told me her sister married that hoodlum I thought she was lying. I couldn't possibly see Keshay loving a man enough to marry him, unless that man was me. And though I was never going to marry her because of Emma part of me was just so sure that she'd wait around for me. And as soon as I am no longer married I find out she is. I know that things are different, and I know I wouldn't jump to marry Keshay after Emma died but...damn. That fast? She married that nigga THAT fast? She hasn't been gone nearly two months and she comes back married?

"Stop looking at me like that Jaz." She mutters while playing with her wedding ring.

I shake my head turning away so she can't see my expression as I open the fridge. "Just still can't believe you did that shit. What made you do it? I mean...what made you agree to marry him?" I ask as I pull out a tub of chocolate ice cream. "Want some? It's your favorite right?" I ask with a small smile.

She gives me a smile that looks almost forced. "No I'm fine. Now ice cream for me." She says. Afterwards clearing her throat. "And I guess I married him because," she shrugs. "I wanted to."

"You wanted to?" I repeat. I can't hide my frustration in hearing her answer. It's so simple yet so infuriating. What did I expect her to say? Maybe I hoped to hear that she didn't want to, that she was forced, that she did it only for her safety. I would've rather heard she was dragged out of that hospital against her will. But from the tone in her voice and the way she thoughtfully keeps moving her ring and staring at it it's obvious she did it for one reason and one reason only.

Love.

"Hmm." Is all I say when I'm not met with a response.