|CH22|

Jaziel Mithen's
"Jaz"

I sprint down the hallway to the hotel room just to see the nurse sitting at the table with his friends surrounding him as if calming him down from whatever altercation happened before I showed up.

"Keshay was taken," I alert the entire room watching as all of his friends stand to their feet shocked and concerned meanwhile he stays sitting. "What has been going on with her? Is there anyone I should know of that wants to harm her?" When he doesn't instantly reply I begin to panic. "Please tell me, she could be hurt and we could've stopped it."

"Look I'm gone tell you one time and one time only, I don't know what the hell Keshay has been getting herself into. Nor do care-"

"Fuck do you mean you don't care?" I raise my voice stepping towards him just for his friends to step in the way. My security Aaron and two other men instantly come to my aid but I raise my hand dismissing them.

One of the guys in the room speaks up. "We're sorry to hear that has happened to her and I promise you my brother knows nothing. If he did I'm sure he would've told you, we hope you find her."

I grow frustrated just standing there. Seeing with my own eyes the way one silly argument is somehow stopping him from caring about someone he claims to care about. The shit makes no sense to me. "So you're just going to sit here? You're not going to even attempt to help me or show any type of concern?" It's not that I want his help. Hell I didn't even want Eliza's help. It's the fact that for some reason this dumbass nurse is who Keshay loves to count on. It's not coincidence that when she left me and went to visit Maddy she took him with her, confided in him, hell trusted him. And now she's doing the same thing, she had to have trusted him enough to be in his hotel room, in the same exact city as him, while I searched highs and lows to figure out where she is this fucking nurse has known all along.

I know I'm not a perfect man, not in the slightest.

But he's undeserving of the relationship she's allowed him to have with her.

"Jaziel I suggest if you want to find her that you get to looking for her. Her bridge with me has been burnt." His voice is nonchalant and he stares forward not even looking me in the eyes.

Coward.

I shake my head letting out a scoff I motion for my team to follow me as I walk out of the hotel room. On my way towards the elevator I pull out my phone. Knowing it's a shot in the dark I attempt to call the last number I have saved for her contact. I know there's a possibility she's either blocked me or changed numbers by now but it's the only quick idea I have.

As I place the phone to my ear I hear it ringing twice. And suddenly she answers, I hear breathing on the other side and my heart beat speeds up in fear of the worse. "Keshay? Where are you? Are you okay?"

"Jaziel," she breathes out softly. "I'm thirty two minutes from the hotel."

I turn towards Aaron with the phone pressed against my ear still. "Let's go. Send me your location."

• • • •

I step out of the car slamming the door behind me  I rush towards Keshay who is holding the side of her stomach while walking towards me slowly. As soon as I'm in front of her I cup her face turning her head left and right I search every bit of flesh I can see, I almost find relief until I focus my attention on the area she was holding. I reach for her shirt only for her to jerk back. "Keshay." I scold her causing her to drop her hand and allow me to pull her shirt up revealing a wrapped abdomen that is covered in blood that's now leaking down her stomach. "Who the fuck did this?" I look around in the distance knowing we're probably miles away from whoever kidnapped her.