|CH23|

Omri Oliah•
"O"

I watch as my older brother walks out of our fathers office a serious look etched on his face. "He wants to talk to you." He tells me giving me a look.

"Don't start with that shit Miro," I curse. "I had to."

"Yeah and just know that you doing that has put this entire family at jeopardy." He says what's already told me over twenty times since I'd called the hospital phone to speak to Keshay.

I waved him off smacking my lips as I brush past him roughly to step into my father's office. I hear him let out a loud cough covering his mouth in the process. "Close my damn door! Letting all the air out." He fusses.

"Shit." I curse under my breath. Out of all the moods he could be in it's obvious he's in the worst one.

He lifts his oxygen machine to his lips and nose inhaling slowly before pulling it away. "Aren't you going to sit down?"

Even with his body in a state of weak, even as he's unable to physically harm me, even as cancer riddles his body and he's hardly able to breathe on his own. No man places fear in me, no man other than my father.

"I can explain." I assure him as I take a seat beside him.

He slams his hand down on the table roughly, surprising me because I haven't seen him use such strength in a while. I know it took a lot to bring him to be able to do that, and that lets me know he's not only upset. He's furious. "Explain that shit to me know then. Because your brother couldn't."

"Keshay Lewis-"

"That whore of an attorney." For some reason my jaw clenches at the way he speaks of her. "The one who has a hit placed on her head? The one that you've made clear to everyone you're protecting. Putting our family name in jeopardy-"

"That woman is the reason why Miro is here pops. She was in the way and she took that knife to the stomach. If it wasn't for her-"

"Sympathy," he lets out a cold laugh. "When the fuck did I raise you to have sympathy? She saved Miro's life? Yet he's willing to let the bitch die. What have you gone soft on us? Can I trust you to run this business beside your brother. Or are you too young? Just a boy."

I clench my hands under the table into a fist. It's upsetting hearing him say these things to me. Because it's suspicions he's always had. Miro has always vouched for me and respected me enough to want me by his side to run the family business. But our pops? He always preferred Miro to take lead.

Eventually he had to accept that me and my brother's bond is unbreakable. We'd gone through so much together at a young age. We didn't always live with our pops, nor did we know him. He used to be a very popular king pin in the streets of Nevada. He'd spend his nights like most king pins did, with a slut on her knees sucking his dick for a baggie of crack. Unfortunately for us the woman that would be on her knees was our mom, Osia. They'd gone to high school together, she was a good girl, a school girl, at a point and time. It's almost cliche how they met. My pops would slack in school, barely even graduated, Osia was chosen by the principle to be his tutor. And a man as manipulative as our dad lured her away from the books and into the streets. He's the reason she was hooked on drugs. And he kept her around, for a good period of time he'd fuck her and give her drugs. Deep down inside he felt sorry for her until eventually he met his dream woman, and left her all alone.