|CH25|

Yazon Koji•
"Koj"

Two days since I'd gotten the news.

I felt foolish.

I'd done the most, said the most, and acted completely out of character. Just to go right back home like nothing had happened. I ended the bachelor party early, and so far in the past two days I'm just now seeing my fiancé. I slept a lot during that time, my sleeping would be medically defined as a coping mechanism for depression. Deep down inside I've been feeling miserable, not strong enough to end things now, too worried of the answers I'd might get if I asked, and hurt that the woman I'm in love with could really cheat on me.

"Baby," her voice calls out to me. I tense up as she moves closer towards me in bed. Placing her arms around me and her face in the crook of my neck. "You've been sleeping since I got back, it's eight thirty in the evening. I got back at twelve this morning." I could hear the pout in her tone.

"I don't feel good." I whisper lowly.

"That's what you said earlier, what's wrong baby? Do you think you caught a cold?" She questions and I can hear the worry in her voice. "The guys they've been texting you. Asking you what you're going to do, if you're okay. What's that all about?"

I sit up noticing my phone is in her hand I snatch it somewhat roughly. "You're going through my phone now Samari?"

She looks at me in a confused expression taken back by my tone and frustration. "They were blowing you up. I was making sure anything wasn't wrong." She tries to explain.

"By invading my privacy?!" I shout standing from our bed I go towards our bathroom slamming the door behind me I hear her soft knocks at the door.

"Are you okay Yaz? Did I do something wrong?" She asks lowly.

My heart aches as I sit on the floor up against the door. "I'm just so fucking tired." I breathe out. Tears sliding down my cheeks. My heart aches to treat her this way, but my heart also aches to love her the same.

I guess what I'm really wondering is, do I want to go through with this wedding?

Keshay Lewis•
"Shay"

I feel like a high class celebrity as we walk inside of the mall. The hours that this mall strip operates end after 8 it's 10pm by the time we arrive there. I realize that Omri and the Oliah's have so much money and power that they're able to keep the mall open, any store I want to go in is available, and a carry on cash register and scanner sits in the center of the mall for whenever I'm ready to check out.

I feel nervous as he walks beside me. I can feel his eyes on me. "Cost does not matter, whatever you want it's yours. Understand me?" He asks curiously.

I nod my head slowly. "I won't pick anything too expensive though-"

"Qu'est-ce que j'ai dit, belle ? Tout ce que tu veux, c'est tout à toi (What did I say beautiful? Whatever you want, it's all yours)." I'm taken back by the sound of his deep voice smoothly speaking French. Fluently and naturally. Like it's his first language. Surprisingly I know French, I speak it poorly but I remember it clearly. French and Spanish were the two languages I'd taken in college.

"You speak French?" He's nodding yes before I could finish the question. "I didn't know.."

"Nobody does," we walk into Forever21 since my biggest concern is finding clothes I can be comfortable in, and for me to sleep in. "My grandparents were French, born in Marseille. One summer," he pauses as he turns his head in a direction away from me. I find myself looking there too same as I did in the kitchen at his Aunt Ruby's home. But this time he stares there longer and I could've sworn I seen him nod before turning back towards me. "One summer," he repeats. "My pops was tired of us, he couldn't control me how he wanted. And my grandparents who refused to speak to him in ages because of what he'd- they just didn't speak to him. But anyways, during our long summer there they'd taught us to speak French."