|CH24|

Keshay Lewis
"Shay"

Within a day I'd started to regret my decision of trusting them. Truth is I don't trust any man, not just them. I didn't trust Jaziel could protect me, didn't trust Koji might forgive me, and now here I am not trusting these brothers were my best choice.

The only comfort I could find in the presence of these two strangers is they didn't constantly remind me this was my fault. Whereas speaking to Koji before hand and Jaziel recently taught me that all they had to offer was judgement. I was judged for the reasons that led me to Vegas. I was desperate, I had to find answers for myself. I couldn't trust Eliza, he has a wife, a pregnant wife at home. And not only that but his only reasoning for wanting to help me was connected to the fact that he enjoyed fucking me. Or what he says is "love". I'd seen first hand that when people care for you the help is there, when people fuck you, the help is there. But when you deny them that? Or when their feelings change? My safety no longer matters. Koji had proven that.

Aside from the fact that I shouldn't have told him in front of his friends, I did have his best interest at heart. And in return he shitted all over my feelings and made me feel low.

I couldn't take the risk of Jaziel doing the same. I mean after all he'd already chosen his wife and embarrassed me once. Who's to say they aren't in on it? Who's to say he wasn't trying to get me in their grasp just to make sure I wouldn't get revenge on her?

Omri and Omiro are dangerous, psychotic, and insane. Yet they ask nothing of me, I have no history with them, and so far they've held up their end of the deal. They might not have been the smartest choice but they sure were the best whether I trust them or not.

"My bad," Omri breaks his silence as he glances over his shoulder. For the first time I get a better look at the tattoo that he has on his back that creeps up towards his neck. I can only make out a name and half a face Osia, and the half of the face is a battered crying woman. A shiver runs down my spine, this man has to be crazy, how can someone tattoo something so graphic on their body like that? "For earlier I mean. I don't want you to think that is all we're about. Or that you're not safe with us."

I scoff. "Safe with you?" I repeat. "You shot your own cousin for asking a question. Why would I feel safe?" I know my words hold truth because after I say them I clamp my mouth shut, wondering if he would threaten or shoot me like he'd did him.

I watch as the two of them share a look and Omiro begins speaking as usual. It didn't take my Masters degree in law to notice that when Omri managed to say something stupid or do something stupid Omiro would clean it up, as attractive as Omri is it's obvious he lacks what Omiro clearly has. Maturity. And the ability to understand and connect to other individuals. "What he meant to say was-"

"Fuck that," he cuts his brother off. "What I meant to say is that regardless of how we handle business you are still benefiting from it. I don't give a damn if I strapped a bomb to my cousins chest and pressed the button that would blow him to bits. We're still helping you and we're still protecting you. And that's all that matters-"

"Wrong," I cut him off this time. "What matters is finding the person who did that shit to my parents. Right now my sister needs me, my mother who I'm not sure has woke up yet. Needs me. I've been ignoring her calls since I got here because I thought I would have answers by now and I don't. I can't stay in Vegas, I need to get back to my city-"

"What you need to do is relax. I don't think you get how this shit works," he turns around enough to look me deep in my eyes and I find my back sinking into the leather of the back seats in their BMW, intimidated by his serious gaze. "When a hit is placed on a person it doesn't just expire, okay? There is only one way we eliminate that and it's through fear. We have to make it known that you are property of the Oliah's now, and no one can fuck with you. And that means going to war with every cartel, mafia, gang, shit whoever to protect YOU. And that also means you can't go home. Not now, not tomorrow and not even a month from this damn moment, not unless you want them finding your sister and your mother and harming them further."