❊ Chapter five: Lilian Maximoff ❊

Warnings: Abusive language, abuse

-----------------------------------------------------------------

January 15th 2017

Ray

"Ray, get your ass down here!"

The yell of my stepfather made me put the book I was attempting to read down and hurriedly made my way downstairs. He held a letter in his hand. I felt a surge of electric energy course through me as he handed it to me. I saw who it had come from. It was from Marvel Studios.

"Well read it!"

Glancing up at David, I read the letter.

Dear Ray Hopkins,

Me and my team have been thinking long and hard about who to give the role of Lilian Maximoff to and have, after hours of pondering, decided on who to give the part to for Avengers: Infinity War.

Your audition was absolutely brilliant, you are such a talented young actress! I picked up on the amount of emotion in both your voice and acting, which is such a vital skill to possess in this business.

Therefore, I am proud to welcome you to the Marvel Cinematic Universe as the character of Lilian Maximoff! I hope you will enjoy your time with Marvel Studios!

Your schedule will be available to pick up from the set Tuesday at 4pm. I would like to have a meeting with you before you jump into practicing, if you are able to attend? We will just discuss your education arrangements, and any adjustments we may need to make to help you fit into the role perfectly!

Yours sincerely, Sarah Finn

Sarah Finn, head of casting, Marvel Studios.

I couldn't stop myself from letting out a small noise of excitement and a little bounce.

"I got the role!" I cried out joyfully.

"Yeah no shit, I've already read it!"

My stepfather's harsh tone dampened my high spirits.

"I'm upping your rent," he told me.

"What?" I asked. "I-I've only just got the job."

"I want $30 per week."

"That's 10 dollars more!" I cried out in disbelief.

"So?" David questioned. "I need my money!"

"Yeah, to buy fucking alcohol," I muttered.

"What was that?"

"Nothing."

"Ray Hopkins, tell me what you said!"

I flinched at the sudden raise in his voice.

"I-I didn't!" I protested.

He advanced on me so I fled out of the room, up to my bedroom. I slammed the door and pushed a chair against it, along with anything else I could quickly move.

"Ray fucking Hopkins, open this fucking door!" David shouted. "Let me in!"

"No!" I screamed back, terrified as I pushed myself into the corner. "Y-you're gonna hurt me!"

"Damn right I am!"

The door was shoved open. I sunk to the ground and put my arms over my head, tears rolling down my face. I was grabbed and pushed over.

"No, please!" I screamed as he punched my head.

"You've got some fucking nerve you!" he shouted, slapping me whilst yelling this.