❊ Chapter eight: First scene ❊

January 23rd 2017

Ray

After an intensive few hours of dress rehearsals, me, Lizzie and Paul had perfected the scene.

"I think you're all ready," Joe Russo commented, coming over as he watched our final rehearsal.

"Do you think we could shoot the scene today?" Paul asked.

"Yeah, we've got..." Joe looked at the tablet he was holding. "3 scenes that need shooting before. It'll probably be at least an hour before we can do this one."

"We can wait near craft services," Lizzie suggested.

Joe nodded and thanked us, before walking away. Paul and Lizzie began to walk towards craft services, me just behind. I hadn't eaten much that day, and I was starving. As I walked, I kept worrying if Scarlett hated me for what I'd said. I rarely snapped at people because I was scared I'd get beaten up for it, which was why I was so taken aback by my own anger. Was it anger though? I didn't know what I had felt in those moments. All I knew is that I regretted what I'd said.

I zoned back into reality as we reached craft services. Both the adult actors were taking some snacks, so I took this as a chance to take a tuna mayo sandwich and a packet of crisps. All three of us sat down, and whilst Elizabeth and Paul joked with each other, I ate my late lunch. I forced myself to slow down, otherwise I would seem ravenous and underfed - which I was, but I didn't want anyone to know.

~~~✸~~~

I watched the stage managers hook up Paul to the wires and harnesses. The scene that we were shooting was the first appearance of Lilian Maximoff - Wanda's teen daughter.

Once everything was in place, Anthony called, "3, 2, 1, action!"

Standing in this studio, in front of this blue screen, with cameras and other actors - I felt at home. Everything I needed to do just flowed naturally to me as I began.

Lizzie came into shot, her hands held as if she was conjuring Wanda's powers.

"Who are you?" she asked harshly.

I spun around to face Lizzie. I acted surprised that it was her stood there.

"I..." I began, then trailed off. "...Mom?"

Lizzie looked confused.

"Do I know you?" she asked, lowering her hands.

Doing my best to bring tears to my eyes, I half whispered, "Do you really not remember me?"

Lizzie shook her head.

"I don't know you," she replied decisively. "What are you doing here?"

Her original confidence returned as she returned to her aggressive stance.

"Mom, it's me, Lilian," I introduced shakily. "Can't you see how much we look alike?"

"I don't know who you are, but I definitely never had a child."

"Yes you did!"

Lizzie looked at me with distaste, then raised her arms. I imagined red powers shooting out of her hands, and dropped to a crouch, my arms covering my head, palms facing outwards.

"Miss Lilian Maximoff," the voice of Bettany said.

My head shot up and I looked with surprise at Paul, floating in on wires. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Lizzie's faked shock at my 'powers'.

"Who is she?" Lizzie demanded.

"I believe she is your long lost daughter," Paul replied, looking between me and Lizzie.