Chapter 2 || Dahlia

Zaiden?

 My father knows this guy? 

Huh...

I watched both of them walk to an empty seat. They start talking about it but I cant make out what they're saying from far away. Instead I go to order a strawberry smoothie. I've been craving this since so long. I needed this. After ordering I cant decide whether to go to the bathroom and pass time or sit awkwardly next to Zaiden as my father sat in the couch towards the wall, leaving no space for me. 

Yeah.. bathroom it is.

The guy... he is.. familiar...

 I haven't met him in person but I think I've seen him somewhere. Is he an actor? 

Before I knew it.. I had spent 15 minutes in the washroom. 

Yea I should definitely head out. My order had been made. I took the smoothie and decided to finally engage in the conversation. Who knows? Maybe I'll find out who this guy is.Instead of sitting next to Zaiden, I grab a chair and drag it to our table.

 My father stared at me.

 "What are you doing?" He says 

"Making space.. I didn't want to disturb so.." I say, shrugging I sit down and check my phone.

78 notifications? 

Huh. What for? Did I forget something?

 I open the messages, half of them flooded with miscalls. 

Akira. God, that girl. 

The chats read - 'LIA. WHERE ARE YOU??'

That's all.

 All of them just asked about my whereabout.

 I reply back - 'At café Clementine.. why?

She replied instantly. Am I surprised? No. That's Akira for you. 

'GIRL. DIDNT YOU SAY YOU WOULD COME OVER AFTER YOUR PHOTOSHOOT??

Oh shit. I did promise her. I had been so busy it slipped my mind. 

'Oh yeah 😃 I forgot.. whoopsies.. 🤭 '

 I knew what was coming. I'm dead. Literally. Gosh. How could I forget.

 'YOU BETTER COME OVER RIGHT NOW.

'Yes ma'am 😬

"Uhm... Dad.." I try to get his attention. He is too deep into the conversation he does not hear me. 

"DADDD!!" I raised my voice. Shit. Shit. Shit. No. No. He is going to scream at me. What have I done? Shit. Why would he scream at me? I'm safe.. right? I'm far away. I'm okay. You're okay. Shit. Now I feel guilty. 

Gosh. What has gotten into me. 

He jumps a bit. "Yes dear?"

 I sigh, "Sorry for screaming... I have to go right now..."

 "Where to?"

 I gave him the look that said 'I only go to one place and you know where

He nodded, "Fine.. go... don't stay for too long, we have a dinner reservation today."

"Dinner reservation? Where? When? With who? Why?"

"Yes dinner reservation. At Alchemist. At 9. With the Armani's. Confidential business matters."

"We are flying to Copenhagen?? For dinner?? Dad-"

"All I'm asking you to do is to come on time."

I look at him defeated, but nod. My dad is persuasive.

What is so important that we have to fly to Copenhagen to discuss it over dinner at one of the most luxurious restaurants?

_______________________________________________________________________________

How's the book coming along? Do remember to vote and comment!  Show some love!

Remember to stay hydrated. Take care of yourselves!

Next update coming soon....