Chapter 4 || Dahlia

We landed in Copenhagen around an hour ago.

The city is beautiful. Honestly, I think I'm more of a city girl. I like the city, the hustling and tumbling. People like me belong inoverpopulated cities. The state of my life is irrelevant in a place this size. Thereare far more people here with stories much more pitiful than mine.

That's the wonderful part about being in a overpopulated area, you can be... invisible. Maybe not always. But, it is quite like that for most of the time.

Zaiden... has been acting indifferent. His mood is unpredictable. As of now, he is pretending to be concentrated on driving, but his eyes say otherwise.

Today, out of all days, has been the worst. My mom was in a terrible condition. I don't know what happened to her. I am still unaware of her current state, given I haven't checked my phone in a while. Which... I should.

I look for my purse, only to realize I don't have it. What? I know I brought it onto the plane with me. Did I forget it on the plane? I can't remember... Oh god. How can I be this stupid? I must've left it in there... I'm so stupid.

"Looking for this?" I look beside me to see Zaiden holding my purse. I exhale a sigh of relief.

"Thank you. But... why do you have it?"

"You left it on the plane. I wanted to see how long you'd go on without noticing. It's been..." he looks at his watch "56 minutes and 37 seconds. You're welcome."

What a jerk. Couldn't he have reminded me on the plane?

So much for being a 'gentleman'.

He abruptly parks the car. I look around to see where we are.

"This.. this does not look like a restaurant."

"No shit sherlock."

I roll my eyes. This entire evening, except for when he comforted me, he has been an asshole to me. And for what? I haven't done anything to him. Maybe I talk a lot but.. that doesn't mean he acts like a dick to me.

"We're at the beach."

I look at him, narrow eyes. "The beach? Why are we at the beach? Shouldn't we be at-"

"I know. But that would be boring. I'd rather not go there. The beach would be more relaxing. C'mon." He gets out the car and opens my door for me.

Huh.

One moment he's all nice to me and the other... the other moment I just wish he sticks a stick up his ass. I can only hope it punctures every organ on its way in.

We make our way to the beach. It is quite empty. No people.

The only noise you can hear is the waves of the ocean. I run off the the seashore. 

"You were right... This is relaxing, I must say.."

"I'm always right."

"Let's not feed the ego monster, shall we?"

"Whatever" He rolls his eyes and chuckled. 

And dear god, his laughter was like a melody, resonating through the air with a charm that was as captivating as his appearance. His chuckle was deep and rich, carrying a hint of warmth that reached his eyes, crinkling them at the corners with genuine mirth. As he chuckled, his features softened, revealing a dimpled smile that seemed to illuminate his entire face. 

The sun dipped low on the horizon, casting a golden hue across the expansive beach. The sound of crashing waves provided a rhythmic backdrop to the scene.