five. jace + brooke

CHAPTER FIVE                         JACE + BROOKE                      _________________

                          CHAPTER FIVE
                         JACE + BROOKE
_________________

BROOKLYN WALKED HAND in hand with jace the two entering maryland's unified athletic council.she flattened her light grey dress looking down while they walked to their seats.

jace sat on the edge while brooke sat next to jenna who was in the middle of jace and brooke.
"on behalf of the maryland unified athletic council, good morning.we all know the reason we're here.and my understanding is, the young men... the players... have something they would like to say." brooke looked up.

before turning her head seeing jace get up.her leg bounced up and down anxious about how things were going to go. jenna grabbed the girl's arm in comfort.jace looked around making eye contact with his girlfriend before turning back to the athletic council."hello." jace greeted gaining a few nods from the council.

jace exhaled shakily before continuing."as you all know im jace carson.getting back on the court means alot to me.not just because of college or or my future or even my teammates."

"but because being on the court is where i feel most like myself.it's what i love.and i understand that if i apologize for something i did when i was fourteen years old i can get what i love back."

"what we did wasn't right.but i don't know if i was wrong." brooke furrowed her eyebrows in confusion.jace told her that he was going to apologize to the council to get back basketball.

brooke sighed hearing gasps from the audience. she didn't know what to call them considering she didn't know who half of the people who were there."im sorry that there weren't systems in place to better protect crystal jarrett." jace looked around the room.

"but for what i did i can't apologize." she watched as mr price sent her daggers.brooke watched jace sit down gaining whispers from everyone."okay everyone just a minute please." brooke looked up.

"is this how you all feel?" one of the council members questioned.she looked around while all eyes went on phil.he stood up before announcing "yes sir."

next was drew who stood up after phil sat down. drew looked around the room making eye contact with coach ike."yes sir." alot of the people sitting down shook their head while mr price just continued to throw daggers at brooklyn.

musa was the last one to stand up before nodding his head."yes sir."

at the end of the meeting jace had attempted to grab brooke's hand only for her to pull her hand back.she wasn't mad he didn't apologize she was upset that he lied to her once again.

______________

"if i fall again i'll kill you." brooke threatned holding onto jace.the two were currently ice skating, jace had managed to find a place that had a indoor ice skating rink.after what felt like years the two made up.

jace decided to take brooke on a date after realizing they hadn't in a while.it took a while for them to make up jace had to throw multiple rocks at brooke's window a attempt to get the girl to talk to him.

brooke stood holding onto jace as he slowly dragged her with him.she held onto his hand tight taking small steps while he took large ones. the couple had been there for a couple of hours both refusing to admit they were tired.

the two enjoying eachother's presence ignoring the dirty looks everyone gave them.brooke had fell a total of five times while jace fell only once. behind them was a much older couple the two looked at the younger in admiration.

"you can never kill me." jace replied.brooke rolled her eyes at the boy pulling her hand away causing jace to fall."you tried to kill me." jace joked.brooke couldn't help but to laugh at the sight of her boyfriend falling.

after the many times she fell and jace laughed she was happy to finally be able to laugh.the first time he fell she couldn't even laugh considering she fell with him."whats funny?" before brooke could answer jace pulled her down with him.

"asshole." she muttered.

                        _______________

"why do they insist having the boy and girls games on the same day." brooke complained walking out of the bathroom.

"having a game this early is crazy." cami agreed.
once again cedar cove had made the boy and girls game on the same day, they had cancelled the girls game once again.causing coach taylor and coach washington to have practice instead.

because the boys had the gym at this moment the coaches decided to rent out a gym for them.the two girls walked out going to the gym."it's senior night i wanna be able to see my man play." cami said gaining everyone's attention.

"what man?" everyone said in sync.camille looked around at her teammates offended that everyone had the same question."my man." she repeated.

"everyone grab a ball, basketballs." coach taylor announced pausing after seeing the girls start to laugh.

the girls grabbed each grabbed a basketball ."your last game showed me we need to go back to beginners practice.everyone lay down on your backs and learn how to correctly dribble." coach taylor shouted.

brooke groaned remembering how last game allison acted as if she was scared of the basketball,"now dribble." brooke laid down the basketball in her hand was the basketball.

she followed coach taylor's instructions dribbling the ball while she laid down.the drill continued for a minute before coach taylor spoke up."now close your eyes." she instructed yet again.

as the girls did as instructed coach washington walked in."everyone call your parents, practice is canceled." the girls complained upset that coach had cancelled practice when they hadn't even done anything yet.

"tammy come over here." he called for his wife.
both walked outside the gym not wanting for anyone to hear them argue.by the time they came back in all the girls had packed their stuff up.

"ladies we're sorry for this, i hope everyone has a wonderful night.no practice tomorrow." coach taylor frowned.

everyone could tell both were upset but decided against asking them if they were ok.they all had to learn the hard way not to involve themselves in their coaches business.

# KALI THOUGHTS
ive been working on new jace carson
and nick mendez books but i got
writers block.haven't finished the first
six chapters