six. homecoming

CHAPTER SIXHOMECOMING__________________

CHAPTER SIX
HOMECOMING
__________________

"i'm not pregnant." brooke whispered.after nick's 18th birthday party brooke had went straight home due to her feeling sick.as soon as she got home she threw up and disregarded it thinking it was just food poisoning.

jace on the other hand kept telling brooke that she was pregnant.the girl hadn't gotten her period in two months but due to how irregular it was brooke didn't think nothing of it."take a test brooke." he commanded.

"im not pregnant." she repeated once again.

"take a test." jace replied.

"i think i would know if i was pregnant jace.just because i threw up doesn't mean anything." brooke announced before hanging up her phone.

she turned her head looking around to see if anyone heard her.camille had decided to spend the night at brooke's house deciding she would rather spend the night at brooke's house considering brooke's house was closer than camille's.

brooke signed calling jace back."look we can go get a test tomorrow, but i'm telling you i'm not pregnant."

"thank you." he responded.

to be truthful brooke didn't know if she was pregnant.she believed that if she kept objecting the idea that she would manifest that she's not pregnant.the girl wouldn't admit it but she was scared.

"please don't let me be pregnant please don't let me be pregnant." she begged.

____________

"oh wow." brooke and jace stared at the positive pregnancy test in jace's bathroom.

"so what does it say?" jackie called out.jace had asked jackie to buy the two a pregnancy test considering neither of them had the courage to do so.

brooke walked out the bathroom showing jackie the positive test.jace than walked out the bathroom his hands over his head disappointment in his faces.

"this is why condoms are made." jackie remarked causing brooke to pause what she was doing.

"so what are you two going to do? both are you only seniors in highschool, your lives are practically over." brooke sighed hearing jackie give the two a lecture.

"babies require money, time, a home.neither of you have any of those.you both have to move out of home soon.you know that right?" jackie continued.

"i can get a job." jace replied.

"what about a place to live? are you both still going to college?"

"i have money in my savings that could last us a while." brooke announced causing both jace and jackie to give the girl a confused look.

brooke looked at the box the test she took came in than looked at the untouched test box."jackie why does that say fake pregnancy test?" brooke questioned reading the words on the box.

_________

"im not pregnant." brooke bragged reading the negative pregnancy test.jace looked at the girl unsure what to say.

"wear condoms next time." jackie announced walking inside the kitchen.

brooke could tell jackie was upset with the young couple.in the 18 years brooke knew jackie she had never seen jackie so upset.after her announcement jackie left the house slamming the door in the process.

jace stared at the door dumbfounded on what just happened.

_______________

"throw me the ball." brooke yelled at her teammate.she turned her head checking the score board only to see that their were only a few seconds left of the game.cedar cove's girls team were down by 2 points.

"throw brooke the ball." coach taylor and washington yelled at sync.allison currently had the ball turning her head seeing that their were only a few seconds.

allison stood at the three pointer line attempting to throw the ball inside the hoop only for her to miss.the game buzzer rung indicating that cedar cove had left.brooke shook her head putting her hands over her head.

tears came out her eyes seeing that they wouldn't be able to make it to state championship.camille walked to brooke hugging her rocking side to side while the two cried.both girls upset that they had lost their last chance.

the two stopped walking over to their teammates."we always got next year." allison said.

"YOU have next year, some of us are seniors this was our last chance to championship." brooke replied.in everyone's eyes allison's selfishness had cost the team a win.

______

"can everyone come over here please." coach washington motioned for the girls to come next to him and coach taylor.all of the girls walked over there.

"this season has probably been the best season that we've had at cedar cove in a while." coach washington started off.

"we're proud of all of you girls.we've watched most of you grow up to become beautiful women who have amazing personalities." coach taylor smiled continuing her husband's sentence.

"we love each of you.brooke , camille, piper.as you all know this their final year with us.it would've been nice to win this game." coach washington joked gaining laughs from the three girls.

"but we feel blessed to be able to have the experience of watching all three of you grow up and improve your skills as not just a player but a human." coach washington continued wiping a tear off his face.

"brooke and cami i remember recruiting both of you your freshman year.never did i think i would built such a strong relationship with both of you. you two are like my daughters." coach taylor started off.

"and piper i've watched you blossom into such a beautiful young lady..i remember when we used to coach with your dad and he told us one day you would be a super star.he was right and im so proud of you for living through his legacy." she continued tears coming out of her eyes.

"although some of you still need to work on your basketball skills im proud of you." coach washington joked gaining a hit in his chest.

"each and one of you have amazing personalities although some of yall hide it.we hope that you continue to be such amazing women.basketball has brought us to be a family and i am so thankful that i took this job.no team can ever compare to you girls." coach taylor smiled while her husband pulled her into a hide hug.

"we love you both." the three girls said in sync going to hug their coaches.