Chapter 42

(New chapter, yay! Bold words are Russian, "" is dialogue, and '' is thoughts!)

The training group wasn't really outnumbered, they were just faced with lots of opponents. 

They were facing off Toga-- and Twice made a bunch of doubles to hold off the kids.

The air was tense as the first double lunged at Kayano, making the first move to try and knock her out with a simple punch. She dodged gracefully-- this was lightwork, no reaction. The other kids followed, all of them engaging in battle with their own opponent.

"Oh come on" Yoshida complained, dodging a punch from one of his doubles. The kids felt like Karma when he was facing off Grip. They could dodge the attacks forever, but they knew that Twice was just attacking them to stall from whatever was happening. 

Meanwhile, in another side of the room, Meg and Toga were fighting, with Itona and a double nearby. Kayano and Nakamura were fighting their own battles nearby.

Toga lunged forward with her knives, slashing and stabbing with deadly precision. Meg ducked and weaved professionally, mimicking Karasuma's movements from PE class. She kept going, avoiding each strike, and every dodge angered Toga more. She retaliated with a swift kick to Toga's abdomen, momentarily staggering her, and surprising her with her speed. 

Meg smirked in her head, but remained composed on the outside. Okano wasn't the only one who can kick. After all, she was Megu Kataoka, an assassin, one of the best close combat fighters in Class 3-E, and someone who never ever backed down from a challenge or failed to put someone in their place

She was a class representative, a leader, and someone everyone could rely on. That's why the rest of the group wasn't as worried when Toga stepped up to Meg, challenging her for a fight. 

Toga was quick to recover, her manic grin widening as she absorbed the attack. "Wow, you got moves! Too bad they wont be enough." She smirked and dashed forwards, pointing a knife right to Meg's chest area. 

Meg was prepared for that, a little too prepared. One time, a kid from D-class tried to reach for her chest in the same way-- without the knife though. She and the other girls got a lesson from Bitch-sensei the day after the event. Remembering Bitch-Sensei's lessons, she grabbed Toga's arm and lifted it up, moving her body away. She slammed Toga on the floor, smilar to how Mr. Karasuma did to Nagisa the day of Takaoka's arrival.

"DAMN!" Nakamura cheered, glancing over to see the sight. "Get it Meg!" She yelled, sliding under a double's legs and kicking their ankles, making them fall down. 

That angered Toga. She was on the floor, looking up at Meg, who was standing over her body, looking down on her and smiling. Meg wasn't really the boastful type, but she couldn't help but feel a dash of pride from executing the moves Bitch-Sensei taught them. 

Toga leapt back on her feet, countering with a series of well-timed punches, aiming for vulnerable spots in Meg's defense. She blocked them expertly, and with a clash, Toga's knife flew out her hands and slid on the floor. 

Kayano felt a burst of excitement in her lungs as she watched them move in the same practiced steps that Karasuma-sensei had once taught them. 

For a split second, both of the girl's eyes widened, and they both scrambled to grab the knife. Well, Toga wanted the knife-- Meg just wanted Toga to not have the knife. 

...

Across the room, the other kids in the group were fighting Twice's doubles. 

"Which one is the real one?!" Justice grimaced, using his speed to outrun the double.