I LIKE YOU

Chapter 5

Next day....

"Hey," Jiya said in a silent voice as she went to the terrace during lunch break to meet Jaewon, who was already waiting for her.

Jaewon turned around and saw Jiya standing there with a smile on her face. He said, "Umm..hey...hi.. Jiya. So, you really came," while rubbing the back of his head.

"Of course, why wouldn't I come?" she approached him and stood beside him, looking at the beautiful scenery and smiling.

"So, what is it? Is there something you want to talk about? I mean, you calling me to meet you at the terrace is something I could never really imagine, or maybe you want me to do something for you, but I really don't think I'll be a big help, as you know the reason, so what--" she was just saying all this in one breath, as she was very flustered, but suddenly got stopped when Jaewon burst out into laughter.

"Umm, why are you laughing? Did I say something wrong?" she was very confused.

"Not really, but why so many questions? Take a breath, and no, I didn't call you here because I want you to do something for me. It's mostly because I want to tell you something, something very important. I've decided to tell you this after getting to know you much better, but after the way you reacted earlier, I don't think I can hold myself any longer," Jaewon said, still looking into her eyes with a soft tone and smile.

"Yes, I'm all ears. What is it?" she said with a confused look, tilting her head.

"Umm, that I've been following you for a few days, observing what you do every day and where you go, etc.," he said, trying to avoid looking at Jiya and scratching his palm.

Jiya was confused and shocked at the same time. She just stared at him with a blank face.

"No, please, I'm not a creep! Don't think that. It's just that I did all that because I really wanted to know about you. Since I saw you for the first time in school and noticed how others treated you and how quiet you are, it got me curious," he then realized what he said and immediately looked at Jiya, who was still in shock.

"No, no, 'gloomy' with that, I mean how quiet of a kid you are and all. That's it, haha..." Jaewon was sweating and flustered.

"Why?" Jiya said in a small tone, which was loud enough for Jaewon to hear.

"Well, don't get the wrong idea. It's just because I wanted to talk to you, but I had no courage. And because you had no friends and never talked to anyone, so I thought you would ignore me if I approached you," he said, still avoiding looking at Jiya. His face became even more red.

"Why did you want to talk to me?" she said, still staring at him with a confused look.

"Well, umm... you see, it's... um... it..." Jaewon was trying to speak, still flustered.

"Come to the point! We only have 10 minutes left for lunchtime to be over. What is it?" Now Jiya raised her voice a bit and said with an impatient look.

He took a deep sigh and said, "Jiya, I like you. Since the first day I saw you in the hallway, and that day when I saw you smile for the first time, I realized I like you and I want you to be mine." He said all this without looking at her, with his eyes closed. His face became more and more red.

After a few minutes of silence...

He finally opened his eyes and looked at Jiya, who was standing there like a statue, frozen.

He, what happened ? you good why aren't you saying anything ? Jaewon said in panick.

Jiya was still looking at him in shock. Her face turned red, she was trembling. Jaewon noticed it and got a bit scared and disappointed in himself.