BOND

Chapter 12....

Flashback....

"Ohh, so that's the reason, and I was all worried why she stopped talking to me," Jaehyun said in understanding. "You saw her dad, right? Is he a good person?" Jaewon asked Jaehyun. "Well, he is two-faced. In front of everyone, he is hardworking, well-mannered, and all, but inside, he is worse than that. I once heard Jiya's mom talking to my mom about how he beat her. Whenever I used to visit their place, he always used to welcome me with a creepy smile. It still gives me shivers. I wonder how that poor girl lives with him," Jaehyun said in a sad tone.

"Well, why don't you meet her too? I know she'll like it too, but not here, at our secret place," Jaewon said. "Woahhhh, you guys are fast. You started dating yesterday, and you already have your secret place as well," Jaehyun said teasingly. "Of course, will you join us?" Jaewon asked again. "Yes, if you want me that desperately to be the third wheel, then why not? But what if she doesn't like this idea?" Jaehyun asked. "Don't worry, I know she'll love it. After all, she still thinks of you as her best friend," Jaewon said, and Jaehyun just nodded with a smile.

Hey Jiya. Ohhh, hey Jaewon... Jiya paused as she saw Jaehyun approaching her with Jaewon. "Hey, Jiya." "Hii, Jaehyun," Jiya asked in a soft tone. "How are you?" Jaehyun asked. "I'm fine," Jiya replied, "and you?" He nodded. "Well, isn't this the place where we used to visit a lot with our moms? You still remember? I'm glad," Jiya said with a smile, and Jaehyun just nodded.

After a few minutes of silence, Jaewon noticed the awkward environment and said, "See, Jiya, I told him everything, well, you both still feel for each other as best friends. The fact that me and him are best friends too, so why not hang out much more together," Jaewon said. "I would love to," Jiya said with a smile. Jaehyun also nodded with a smile, and they all hugged each other in a group hug.

Since then, whenever someone tried to bully Jiya, they both started threatening those people, even though Jiya told them not to do it. But because everyone was afraid of going against them, they kept quiet and never dared to bully or tell Jiya anything. She was also kinda shocked at how suddenly people started treating her differently. She even asked them if they did it or not, but they lied, which she didn't want to believe but did. They even spent almost every day together, had so much fun together, and even decided to apply to the same college.

Jaewon: "I wanna be a business person."

Jaehyun: "I wanna be a gangster. Hey, you behave for once," Jiya said, and Jaewon smacked his arm. "Well, well, I wanna be a gangster, that's true, but because my father wants me to get a degree in business, I had no choice but to do so with this, Jaehyun. Don't worry, we'll become rich business people and gangsters together. After all, this brother can't live without this brother, right?" Jaewon said and hugged Jaehyun.

Jiya: "I wanna be a fashion student. It's always been my mom's dream, and for that, I'm also planning on applying for a scholarship in the same college as you two." "That's great," they both said, and cheers to their drinks. "All hail to they," they said one by one, J.J. & J. "Always together forever," Jaewon screamed. "Forever, forever," Jaehyun and Jiya replied.

Present day.....

Hey Jaehyun, Kangmin called his name and started approaching him on the school terrace where Jaehyun was standing alone. Jaehyun replied without even looking back, "See, Kangmin, I'm not in the mood to argue right now, so leave before I beat your ass for no reason."

"Hey, what do you think of yourself? Do you think if you beat me, I won't use my hands? I'm only here because this is the first time I've seen you getting all worked up and teary. We are friends, Jaehyun. What is it that you are hiding? Just leave."

"I'm not going to leave because now it's not just about you, Jiya and Woobin too. We're all hurting. Why don't you understand? Tell us what you know, for God's sake, Jaehyun." Kangmin raised his voice.

"Just shut up, will you?" Jaehyun raised his voice and grabbed Kangmin's neck. "What do you wanna know, huh? And don't call me a friend when in reality you're just here just for your sake. You don't care about what im feeling or what I've been or still am going through all you care is about your fucking selves everyone is same selfish jaewon you woobin and jiya too so just leave before I do something that I might regret later," he finished his sentence and pushed Kangmin away, who was just staring at him with teary eyes.

"We never thought of you as an outsider, and we did try to talk to you, ask you how you are doing, and if there's something you want to share, but you never open up to us. Yes, nobody gets so close in a week, but we did, didn't we, Jaehyun? Ah, yes, we both don't get along well, I know, but that doesn't mean I don't care about you or don't think of you as my friend. The week that we spent together, those times we laughed together, had fun together, fought with each other, that wasn't fake or just for show. Forget about me, Woobin, and Jiya; we always tried our best to show you that you are one of us too. Why can't you see it? I don't know what happened to you before, but trust us for once and for the last time. I promise you won't regret it, and we won't leave you no matter what," Kangmin said and stared at Jaehyun.

Jaehyun chuckled and said, "Stop it, it just doesn't suit you. Since when did you become a mature horseface?" Jaehyun ruffled his hair. "Yahhhh, who did you call the horse's face, you potato head?" They both laughed. "Well, Jaehyun, please tell us what you know and why you care so much about Jiya. Do you happen to like her or something?" Kangmin asked. Jaehyun just chuckled. "See, I'm asking this because that asshole is hurting Jiya, and she isn't sharing anything with us. We can't help her if we don't know what's going on," Kangmin said furiously. "She doesn't need our help," Jaehyun replied. "She does, she's just scared," Kangmin said. Jaehyun nodded.

"Please, Jaehyun-ah, te..." Kangmin got interrupted. "Meet me here after lunch period with Woobin and don't tell Jiya about it. We are going to skip the lectures. You want to know everything, right? Then be prepared," Jaehyun said and started leaving. "O... Okay, Kangmin. Now go and look for Woobin; that nerdy must be crying somewhere," Jaehyun said. "No need, I know him. He'll be fine if we give him his alone time for a while," Kangmin said with a concerned smile. Jaehyun chuckled and dragged Kangmin with him. "Heyy, slowly, you'll break my hand," Kangmin said. "Shut up," And thanks Jaehyun said, Kangmin smiled and they both left.

(Yujin, who heard about the fight and rushed after Kangmin, was hiding behind the door and heard everything)

Lunch break....

Hey Woobin, are you okay?" Kangmin asked, and Woobin just nodded with a soft smile. "Looks like someone cried their ass out; your eyes look so puffy," Jaehyun said and smacked Woobin's head. "Just leave," Woobin said, looking angrily at Jaehyun. Jaehyun and Kangmin looked at each other, and Jaehyun just smiled and left. Kangmin understood and nodded. "Woobin, I talked to Jaehyun earlier, and he's ready to share everything with us. He wants us to skip the lecture after the break and meet him at the terrace. Let's go," Kangmin said. Woobin looked at him and asked, "Are you sure?" Kangmin nodded.

They both were on their way when they saw Jiya and Jaewon talking to each other in the hallway. Jaewon seemed angry, then he dragged her into a nearby classroom. Woobin wanted to go help her, but Kangmin stopped him and said, "Not right now." Woobin just looked at Kangmin, then at the classroom, sighed in annoyance, and went towards the terrace.

__________________________________________