TRAGEDY

Chapter 15.....

Jaewon slowly opened the door, and they stepped inside. They both smelled the suffocating odor. "Whoa, it smells so bad! What is this weird smell? And why is it so dark in here?" Jaehyun said.

"Wait, I guess I know where the switch is," Jaehyun said and started looking for it. Meanwhile, Jaewon stood there and called Jiya's name slowly. "Jiya, Joya, are you here?"

Jaehyun switched on the light. "What is this? This is so messy in here! What happened in this closed room?" They saw so many broken bottles of beer, rotten food, and other dirty stuff. "Why are there so many adult stuff in here? What is this man up to?" Jaehyun said.

"I feel scared. What if he did something to Jiya?" Jaewon said, crying and looking at Jaehyun. "Don't worry, we'll find her. Please keep calm," Jaehyun said, patting Jaewon's back.

They started searching the room. Jaewon called Jaehyun's name in shock. "Jaewon, what?" Jaewon asked and saw Jaehyun standing still, lost, with tears falling from his eyes. He approached him. "What happened, Jae...?" He stopped and looked to his right, behind the bed. Jiya was lying there, unconscious, with so many bruises, tied up, wearing only a white sleeveless dress that revealed half of her body.

"J... Jiya! Jiya! Are you okay? What did he do to you, Jiya?" Jaewon started crying, hugging her. Jaehyun, jaehyun-ahh, jaehyun come back to his senses," as he heard Jaewon calling his name. "Ye... Yes," Jaehyun replied. "Let's take her back to your place, Jaewon said." "Yes, let's go," Jaehyun replied, and they both went to his place, carrying Jiya.

Should we call the doctor jaewon asked no it'll be risky let her come back to her senses splash some water on her I'll be back I need to call mom jaehyun said and jaewon nodded.

After one hour.....

Jiya opened her eyes and looked around. Her vision was blurry. "J... Ja... Jaewon," she whispered and tried to touch his face, but her hand dropped. "Jiya, Jiya, are you okay?" Jaewon said furiously. "Son, splash some water on her face," Sohyeon said to Jaehyun, who nodded and did it. Jiya then fully regained her senses and looked around with clear vision. She looked at herself, then at Jaehyun, Jaewon, and Sohyeon, who were looking at her with sympathetic looks.

"Aunt, aunt, aunt!" Jiya screamed, hugged Sohyeon, and started crying loudly. They could feel the pain, anger, frustration, everything in her crying. "Baby, loo... Look here. What happened? What did he do to you? Did he beat you a lot again? Tell me so we can help you," Sohyeon said, consoling Jiya. "Yes, Jiya, please tell us," Jaehyun said. "Jiya, babe, look here. See, I'm here as I promised. Please tell me what happened," Jaewon turned her towards him and asked her. He was this close to going crazy.
Jiya went silent and glanced at Jaewon one more time, smiled, then collapsed.

(Jaewon called his family doctor so whatever the matter will be it'll stay behind the walls cause they don't want to rush things before asking jiya)

D... Doctor, what happened? Is she alright?" Sohyeon asked furiously. "Well, Mrs... Doctor, get interrupted. Just say it already, what happened? Please, I can't wait anymore," Jaewon said in frustration. "Well, Jaewon-ahh, can we talk in private, please? It's not good to talk in front of the kids," the doctor said. "No, talk in front of me. I'm her boyfriend, we love each other. I have full rights to know what happened. That's why I called you, Mr. Hwang," Jaewon said in annoyance. "Yes, please, doctor. And they are the ones who found her in this condition," Sohyeon asked. "Okay, so that girl, Jiya, Jiya is her name," Jaehyun said. "Yes, Jiya. She got beaten so badly. There are so many bruises on her body and on her private parts as well," Mr. Hwang said, looking down. Sohyeon froze in her place. "And that's it, right? She'll be fine, right?" Jaewon asked in a crazy tone. "Well, Jaewon, she actually... she got interrupted. Just say it already!" Jaewon yelled at him, grabbing his collar. "Stop it, Jaewon! Let him speak! Stop!" Jaehyun yelled at him and pulled him towards him. "She got raped so many times, and from her condition, we could say she's been suffering for so many years now." They all froze in their place, and Sohyeon collapsed.

I'll kill him I'll kill him I'll kill him...........

Present day.....

No, this can't be! I can't believe it! No, Woobin stood up in frustration and started crying. Kangmin got up to console him; he was crying too. It happened, it did. It was hard for us too to believe it, but we can't change the reality. It took a total of 3 days for her to wake up from a coma. And her dad, I don't know how he got the news that Jiya has been rescued, so he ran away. The police tried their best to find him, but they were unable to track his location. So, they just let him go, Yujin said in shock with teary eyes. No, he died. They found his dead body in a very disturbing state, but they closed the case as they found no suspect. What? He died? How? Woobin asked. Jaehyun looked at him and gave him a creepy smile.

Jiya's home.....

She came back home with fully dried eyes. She locked the door, dropped her bag in the doorway, and went straight to her bed. She looked at the photo of her mother and said, "Mom, I thought I could finally be happy, but I could never... never... What was my fault? What is my fault? Why does everyone hate me? Is it true they turned evil because of me? Is it true that I'm the real curse to people, just as that man said? Mom, say something. Mom, I can't bear it. I can't die. I can't do anything. Save me. Help me, Mom. Who shall I turn to for help? If I seek help, will they change... to be... because of my curse? Mom, say something. It's hurting, Mom." Jiya screamed and cried, holding her mother's photo to her chest. "Why did you leave me? Why did you marry him? Why did Dad leave us? Why did Jaewon change so much? Why? Why? Why..........."

Jaewon home.....

Jaewon, calm down. You think you can save Jiya from me, Jaehyun? And Woobin, you really think I'll give Jiya to you so easily? Jiya, how dare you betray me when you said you'd distance yourself from this friendship if you found out that nerdy ass has feelings for you? Baby, you know I love you so much. Then why would I have ever hurted you? If you had listened to me every time, I told everyone about us. I kissed you in front of everyone. I gave you everything you needed without even asking. In exchange, all you had to do was stay loyal and be mine forever. How many times have I told you? I own you. You belong to me. Jaewon was speaking to himself, looking at his board with so many pictures stuck on it of Jiya and others, their moments. "I'll kill anyone who tries to steal you away from me. I'll kill everyone," he yelled, tearing each and every picture except one, in which Jiya and Woobin were looking at each other fondly, about to kiss. "Give me the lighter," he asked a man standing there in the room with him, who lent him the lighter, and he burned the photo, saying, "You have to pay for this, Woobin."

Min, now you have more work. Not only do you have to spy on Jiya, but also on Jaehyun and Woobin. You know what to do, and don't let them find out. They're both very clever. Start now." Woobin said, looking at his phone. Min nodded and replied, "Yes, sir," before leaving the room. "Left me on 'seen' once, and you have to pay for it again, honey," he muttered as he looked at the text he had sent Jiya the other night. It read, "Long time no see, baby. See you soon." Jiya had left it on 'seen'. Woobin laughed in a creepy tone.

Falshback.....

"Jiya, please eat something. You want to recover soon, right?" Jaewon said.
"Jaewon, why do you look sick? Are you sick too?" Jiya asked him. She was admitted to the hospital.
"No, no, I'm fine," Jaewon said with a soft smile.
"Don't lie. Are you stressing too much because of me?" she asked. He just looked down, and tears started flowing from his eyes.
"Jae..." Jiya got interrupted as he embraced her tightly. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry," he said.
"Why? You didn't do anything wrong," she said.
"I know, but I promised you I'll protect you, and I failed," he said, looking at her, then sitting back in his place. "I will never forgive myself."

"It wasn't your fault. He's been doing this to me since mom died. One night, he came to my room drunk and hugged me. I thought it was okay, he is my dad after all. Then he started touching me inappropriately. I tried to push him away, but I wasn't able to do anything. Then..." Jiya stopped mid-sentence and started breathing heavily.

"No, no, Jiya, you take a rest, please. I'm here from now on. No one can hurt you. I'll protect you. You are safe with me," Jaewon said, crying and hugging her in his warm embrace.
Jaehyun heard everything and slowly closed the door, crying, and left.

___________________________________________