WE ARE ALIKE

Chapter 19

"Isn't this the same warehouse Jaewon asked about?" Minhyuk replied, "Follow me." They went inside and looked around. Minhyuk ordered his guard to bring him, saying to Jaewon and Jaehyun, "You both wait here. He'll be here soon." Minhyuk looked at Jaehyun with an evil smirk on his face, but Jaehyun just stared back with dead eyes, sighed, and then looked at Jaewon, who had a dead look on his face, sitting quietly and holding his hands. 

Leave me, you bastards! Who are you? Leave me! By hearing someone's scream, they all looked in the direction where the voice was coming from. Jaehyun whispered to himself, but it was loud enough for Jaewon and Minhyuk to hear. "Mr. Wonsik," Jaehyun said with widened eyes. Wonsik was tied up and his body was covered in bruises. Minhyuk smirked, and Jaewon, filled with anger, stood up and started walking towards Wonsik, who was busy arguing with the guard. Jaewon reached him, and Wonsik looked at him, saying, "Yah, who are you, son of a..." He couldn't finish his sentence as Jaewon punched him hard in the face. "Yah, Wonsik," Jaewon said, and he continued punching him without blinking. Jaehyun, frozen in place with teary eyes, watched Jaewon burn in anger, acting like a total psycho. He could also see tears in Jaewon's eyes as he repeatedly asked, "Why did you do that to her, you bastard? Why? Why?" Jaewon beat Wonsik so much that his own fists started bleeding, but that didn't stop him. On the other side, Wonsik was on the verge of fainting. "Minhyuk, stop him," Beom said, but Minhyuk just told him to shut up and smiled psychotically. Jaehyun noticed this and clenched his fist.

Jaewon-ah, Minhyuk yelled at him and started walking towards him, but Jaewon didn't even flinch and stood still. "Stay away, Hyung. I'm not gonna let you turn Jaewon into a monster like you," Jaehyun was speaking when Minhyuk punched him in the face, causing him to fall to the ground. Minhyuk didn't stop there; he started punching him again and again. "No, Minhyuk-ahh, stop, stop!" He heard Jaehyun's dad crying and begging for his son's life. "Leave him, beat me instead, please!" Minhyuk then stopped and held Jaehyun by his collar and said, "I'm warning you, try to come in between us, and I'll kill you." Jaehyun, who was bleeding badly, lay there in pain with his eyes half-opened. Jaewon was looking at them with widened eyes but didn't dare to speak against Minhyuk. Minhyuk got up and started walking towards Jaewon, placed his hands on his face, and said, "Jaewon, weren't you waiting for this day? You didn't practice on those poor people for nothing, right? If you didn't kill him, do you think those people will get justice? And about the police, okay, go give him to them. But do you think our parents will accept Jiya after knowing what she's been through? That old man only cares about his so-called reputation. So, the choice is yours: kill him or let him go," Minhyuk said and went back to his chair and sat down.

Jaewon thought for a minute, looked at Jaehyun who was lying on the floor half-conscious, and kept telling him no. Then, he looked back at Minhyuk, who was staring dead into his eyes. Jaewon shook his head, and all the flashbacks came in front of his eyes like it just happened yesterday. He looked at Wonsik, who was lying on the floor bleeding, and Jaewon walked towards him in anger, grabbing his hair. "What did you do to her, you bastard? Tell me before I kill you," Jaewon asked in a loud, angry voice. Wonsik just laughed like crazy. Jaewon, confused and angry, said, "Why are you laughing, you son of a bitch?" and punched him 3-4 times. "You're gonna kill me no matter what, right? There's no way I can escape from here, right?" Wonsik said with a smile. "Yes, you're right," Jaewon replied. Wonsik laughed, "Kill me then, kill me. Well, you know what? Let me tell you one thing before I die. The girl for whom you're killing me, you think she's a saint? She's the one who seduced me. She asked for it." These words from Wonsik made Jaewon burst into anger, and he beat him again, saying, "How can a little girl seduce you? You're now playing the victim card just because it was you who couldn't keep it in your pants. You're blaming a poor girl."

Beat me as much as you want. She was just like her mother. Her mother betrayed me. I proposed to her first, but she rejected me for that bastard. I had everything. We were all good friends. He knew I've always liked her, but she still chose that poor son of a bitch," Wonsik said. "But what did Jiya do to you? Why did you do that to her? Why?" Jaewon asked him. Wonsik laughed and said, "Because she is just like her mother. That body, that warmth, that smell... everything. Even the thought of her now turns me on. Did you feel her too? Isn't she so good and experienced?" He laughed psychotically. Jaewon, who got angered by hearing all this, beat him so badly, but he was still smiling.

This is how I killed that bastard Seungho. Hearing this, everyone's eyes widened. Jaewon asked him, "What do you mean? Jiya's dad?" Wonsik nodded, "Yes, I killed him. How dare he touch my woman? She was mine." This is how I beat him to death. "Then where did you dump him?" Jaewon asked. "Dump him?" Wonsik laughed and said, "I cut him into pieces and fed them to dogs on the street so nobody would ever be able to find him. And it was easy to fool Hyori. She believed in me so much, after all, I was her best friend." But what does it have to do with Jiya?" Jaewon asked again. "Ohh, poor child. Didn't I say she is just like her mother? I remember the first time we were alone when Hyori was working that night. I passed by Jiya's bedroom and saw her sleeping peacefully. I went to her, and that smell... she smelled just like Hyori. So I lost my control," Wonsik was speaking when Jaewon beat him again. "She was just a child, you bastard," he said.

But, she wasn't mine. Look at what her love turned you into. So think once from my point of view . I was at your place, believe it or not. We're on the same boat. That mother and daughter are good at messing with people's minds. Hyori turned me into evil, and look what Jiya did. She did the same," Wonsik said and laughed. "We're not the same. We could never, ever be the same, you bastard," Jaewon said and punched him. Wonsik laughed again and said, "You already are. That day isn't far when you're going to turn into what I am today. You want to protect her from me, right? Do everything for her, right? But one day, she'll need protection from you. It's fate. One day, you will be the reason for her death," Wonsik said and pulled Jaewon towards him, whispering in his ear, "Or maybe you will be the one who'll kill her, just like I killed the love of my life, her mother," he said and laughed.

Jaewon's eyes widened. He asked, "Why?" Well, because she found out about everything, so I had no choice but to kill her," Wonsik replied and laughed. Jaewon, frustrated and angry by hearing all this, didn't even think twice and beat him until he was barely conscious. Then he pulled out a cutter knife and stabbed him several times.