𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐎𝐍𝐄 | 𝐅𝐎𝐎𝐋 𝐌𝐄 𝐎𝐍𝐂𝐄

Stefan leads Elena and Bonnie to Sheila Bennett's house where they meet up with the elder woman to talk about the tomb and about Damon. 

"How did you know where we were?" Bonnie questions her grandmother. 

Sheila smiles slightly. "Many things can fuel a witch's power. Worry, anger. After Stefan told me that they had taken you, I had a lot of both. A simple locator spell was easy after that." 

"I'm sorry. About all of this." Bonnie whispers softly, smiling apologetically. 

 Sheila purses her lips. "Not as sorry as they're gonna be." 

Stefan and Elena enter the room. Elena lets out a deep exhale, glancing over at the two Bennett witches. 

"So, what are we gonna do now?" Elena questions. 

"Well, for now, you need to stay here." Stefan instructs. 

Sheila glances over at Stefan. "A prisoner in my own home? I don't think so." 

"I can't protect you if you leave the house." Stefan crosses his arms. 

"We'll protect ourselves." Sheila insists. 

Elena inhales. "We need to let him have Evelyn back. He's not gonna stop until he gets her. She's his daughter. If we help him, maybe that ends it." 

Bonnie shakes her head, looking at Elena. "No. He doesn't deserve to get what he wants." She protests immediately. 

"She's my niece." Stefan cuts in. 

Everyone turns to him immediately. Bonnie immediately quiets down, forgetting about that detail. She feels guilty for saying it now. 

"Yes, Damon may not deserve to get what he wants, but my niece will not be punished for my brother's actions. She's been in the tomb for 145 years. As far as she knows, he's a good man who's been in the war. She doesn't know who he is today. Sheila." Stefan turns to the elder witch, trying to plead with her. 

Sheila presses her lips together. "I heard about her. The Salvatore Heretic." 

"Heretic?" Bonnie frowns confused. 

"A siphoner witch and vampire. A hybrid. A siphoner witch is a witch born without magic but they can practice the art of magic. They just need to siphon it from a power source. Either objects or...other supernatural creatures." Sheila explains. 

Bonnie nods slowly. "Doesn't that make her..." She trails off quietly. 

"A danger to the witch species? Yes." Sheila confirms. 

Stefan sighs. "Evelyn doesn't care about ending the witch species. She holds nothing against witches. And with her, we can hold Damon under control. She can hold him under control. Damon may be a terrible person but he is not a terrible father."

There's a moment of silence in the room. 

Sheila inhales sharply. "Witches being pulled down by vampire problems. As much as we try to do to stay out of it." She shakes her head. She slowly looks up at Stefan. "I'll open the tomb. You get your brother's daughter and destroy the rest with fire. Then this will be all over." 

"We have to get Damon to agree." Stefan reminds her. 

"He already agreed once." Elena argues. 

"Yeah, and we double-crossed him. So now he's angry." Stefan tells her. 

Elena sighs. "He's hurt. There's a difference. I think I know what I have to do." She tells him in a soft tone. 

💙🩸🌕🔮