𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐎 | 𝐀 𝐅𝐄𝐖 𝐆𝐎𝐎𝐃 𝐌𝐄𝐍

When Evelyn wakes up, she is surprised. Most in general. She never thought she would wake up ever again. She looks around the room and it looks more advanced than when she woke up this morning before they...threw her in the church. Or before her grandfather threw her into the church. She glances down at her clothes, they remain the same. But dirty. So are her hands. 

The blue-eyed girl slowly stands up from the bed, giving it a weird glance. This bed looks much different. But so does everything else. Where is she and how did she come from being shot to this room? 

Evelyn slowly walks out of the room and down the stairs. When she finally reaches the first floor, she glances around. She focuses all the little energy she has on listening but hears no footsteps, no breathing, no pulse, and no heartbeat. She is alone in the house. 

She approaches the table with glasses and alcohol on it. Bourbon. Her father's taste hasn't changed one bit, it seems. Some things do not change. She recognizes her father's scent in the house. And her uncle's scent. And several unfamiliar scents. 

Suddenly, the front door opens and slowly closes. Then she hears footsteps. Evelyn quickly turns around, out of instinct, ready to attack. 

Stefan holds up his hands slightly. "It's just me." 

Evelyn opens her mouth to speak but only raspy breaths and mutters come out. She slowly closes her mouth, realizing she won't be able to talk. She hears another pair of footsteps, seeing her father walking out of the basement, holding multiple blood bags. 

Stefan sighs. "Damon-" He begins. 

"She needs to feed, Stefan." Damon interrupts with a warning tone. "And, take all offense you want, but this is not a Vicki Donovan case. You have no vote here. She is my daughter. I saved her. You did not even consider-" 

"I didn't even know there was a way! I thought we had lost her for good! I thought I couldn't open the tomb! I did not know I was gonna start dating the best friend of a Bennett witch." Stefan exclaims in frustration. 

Damon hums dismissively. 

Evelyn simply glances between them. It's like 1864 but with much more heated arguments. It's like their manners disappeared. 

"Anyway..." Damon trails off, putting the blood bags on the table. "Here are some blood bags. Drink them up, baby. And for your information, Stefan, it's good I saved her instead of you. You would have tortured her with hunting animals and drinking Bambi for the rest of her life." 

Evelyn smiles slightly at his comment. 

Damon points at the blue-eyed girl. "Look? Hm? She's smiling. She thinks I'm funny." He smiles proudly, ruffling her hair gently. 

Stefan smiles forcefully before grabbing Damon's arm. "A word, Damon? Alone. Evie, just drink it up. We will be back soon, okay?" He assures before pulling Damon into another room. 

Evelyn dismisses her uncle's strange behavior and picks up a blood bag. She holds it in her hands, observing it with a frown. She slowly starts drinking it. Meanwhile, she hears her father and uncle clearly. They seem to forget they are not the only ones with excellent hearing. 

"Damon, she doesn't know anything. She doesn't know what you have done." Stefan whispers warningly.  

Damon narrows his eyes. "And I would like to keep it that way. She is my daughter. I just got her back. I don't want to frighten her and have her running from me. I will tell her eventually. I will focus on her well-being and health for now. And you will not voice a single breath about it, clear? My daughter, my responsibility. Uncles don't do responsibility. Stick to the cool uncle role. You know, covering for her and taking the blame. Leave fatherhood of my daughter to me."