𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍 | 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐃𝐄𝐑'𝐒 𝐃𝐀𝐘

Evelyn stands beside her father after being forced to be there for the Founder's Day. She'd rather be anywhere but there, truthfully. But apparently, Damon thinks she should participate in the town's events. 

They stand and watch the parade. 

"Let's give a big hand to the Mystic Falls High School Marching Band." Carol Lockwood calls out with a wide smile before clapping her hands. 

Evelyn crosses her arms, watching grumpily. 

"And for a little local history...Mr. Saltzman's students have re-created Virginia's Battle of Willow Creek." Carol Lockwood presents the historical float. 

Evelyn sees Tyler Lockwood standing and waving with a smile. She sees Jeremy Gilbert looking her way and smiling slightly. The heretic waves slightly. 

"Not happening." Damon whispers. "No Gilberts. They're walking red flags." 

"Dad-" Evelyn begins quietly. 

But Damon doesn't hear her as continues talking. "I mean, look at John Gilbert. And now Jeremy. The Gilbert men are terrible red flags. Date a serial killer instead." 

Evelyn gives him a questioning grimace. 

Carol continues speaking as the historical float goes through and another float is revealed. "Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome...our stunning Miss Mystic Falls court and their handsome escorts. This is Caroline Forbes, Miss Mystic Falls." 

Caroline waves with a smile. Bonnie smiles back at the blonde. 

"Aren't they beautiful?" Carol calls out. 

When Evelyn sees her father walking over to Bonnie after catching her gaze, she quickly sneaks away as she sees the opportunity to get away. 

💙🩸🌕🔮

Evelyn finds herself at Mystic Grill when Jeremy Gilbert approaches her. She doesn't believe he's a walking red flag as her father told her. John Gilbert? Maybe. But Jeremy isn't. 

"Jeremy." Evelyn greets. 

Jeremy smiles slightly, sitting down in front of her. "Hey, it's been a while. The last time was when Vicki had died. I know why you have stayed away. Anna told me. Damon's daughter, huh?" He questions. 

Evelyn lifts her shoulders slightly. "It is what it is." 

"Yeah..." Jeremy chuckles slightly. 

💙🩸🌕🔮

After walking out of the Mystic Grill with Jeremy and stopping her father from approaching Jeremy as she knows he won't be gentle, Evelyn continues to be near the Gilbert boy until her father approaches her. 

"Where are we going?" Evelyn questions after they leave Jeremy. 

"The tomb vampires are planning an attack when the fireworks start. They want to kill every founding family member. We need to find John and stop his annoying ass." Damon speaks in a rush. 

Evelyn furrows her eyebrows slightly but still follows her father. 

💙🩸🌕🔮

"Do you have any idea what you've done?" Damon harshly questions the Gilbert man after entering what used to be Grayson Gilbert's office. 

"Yes. As a matter of fact, I do." John confirms before turning on the device. 

Damon and Evelyn take a step forward before holding their heads. They scream out in pain, getting down on their knees as the frequency's too high for them both to handle. Evelyn desperately tries to chant a spell to destroy the device but the extreme and violent headache distracts her from doing so.