𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄 | 𝐋𝐄𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐑𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 𝐎𝐍𝐄 𝐈𝐍

Damon uses a hammer to attach thin wooden planks to the window since it's a big storm coming in and they don't know the storm to destroy the windows. After finishing, he turns around to his brother, daughter, and Elena. 

"I say we go to Pearl's...bust down the door, and annihilate the idiot that attacked us last night." Damon suggests with a sarcastic smile. 

"Yeah? And then what, we turn to the rest of their house of vampires and say 'oops, sorry'?" Stefan questions, crossing his arms. 

Damon shrugs slightly, giving a pointed smile. 

"I can't believe you made a deal with her." Elena accuses. 

"It's more like a helpful exchange of information. It's not like I got a choice. She's scary. And she offered to help me find Katherine. Which is more scary. I made it clear that I do not want Katherine since I want my baby only, she threatened my little girl. So, with this deal, I help her, and she leaves my baby alone." Damon explains. 

Elena chuckles humorlessly. "Of course she is. Damon gets what he wants, as usual, no matter who he hurts in the process." She turns to Evelyn, her face softening. "I hope you know that I want you safe too and away from Pearl. I have nothing against you, just your dad." 

Evelyn glances between the doppelganger and her father. 

"You don't have to be snarky about it." Damon tells Elena. 

Elena narrows her eyes. "I woke up this morning to learn that all the vampires have been released from the tomb. I've earned snarky. And the only vampire from the tomb I want in Mystic Falls is Evelyn." 

Evelyn smiles small at the doppelganger earning a brightened-up face. 

Damon glances between them before letting out a breathy groan. "How long are you gonna blame me for turning your birth mother into a vampire?" He questions as he sits down on the couch. 

Elena smiles sarcastically, crossing her arms. "I'm not blaming you, Damon. I've accepted the fact you're a self-serving psychopath with no redeeming qualities." 

"Ouch." Damon comments. 

"Stop it, both of you. Your childish arguing is not helping anyone and it is certainly not fixing our tomb vampires problem." Evelyn speaks up, crossing her arms. "Dad, try to not pick a fight for once." She says, using the word her uncle taught her earlier. 

Stefan informed his niece that kids these days don't call their fathers "father". Instead, they usually say either "Dad", "Pops", "Daddy", or even "Old Man". She had a hard time getting the last term but she took in the information. She still has a very lot to catch on to. 

"Evie is right. This isn't being productive. We're gonna figure out a way to deal with Pearl and the vampires, yeah?" Stefan agrees with Evelyn, sending her a soft smile. 

Damon stares at his brother before standing up, grabbing Evelyn's hand, and walking out of the room with his daughter. 

💙🩸🌕🔮

Damon fixes the analog clock in the boarding house when he sees Stefan and Evelyn walking toward the front door, dressed in rain jackets. 

"Hunting party?" Damon questions. 

"Guy did a number on me last night when he stabbed me. I gotta get my strength back. And Evie wanted to try it out." Stefan explains. 

Damon turns to his daughter, raising his eyebrows. "Please don't tell me you're letting Uncle Steffie corrupt you into becoming a vegetarian vampire, baby. Like those pathetic ones in that book... Twilight."