𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄 | 𝐁𝐋𝐎𝐎𝐃 𝐁𝐑𝐎𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐒

Evelyn and Stefan walk through the woods, searching for any kind of animal to feed on. Stefan intends to keep his promise and teach his niece how to feed without losing herself to the addiction to human blood. 

"Aren't you supposed to be in school?" Evelyn questions. 

Stefan glances over at her, smiling slightly. "Probably, but you are more important than school and Elena. I love Elena, she is my girlfriend, but you are my niece, Evie." 

Evelyn smiles back at his words.

💙🩸🌕🔮

When they're about to catch an animal, Stefan's phone suddenly buzzes and reveals Elena's name on the screen. He sends the heretic an apologetic smile before answering the call with a quiet and soft tone. 

"Elena, hey." Stefan greets. "Is something wrong?" 

Evelyn observes her uncle, noticing how his smile turns into a slight frown. Either the doppelganger said something that hurt him or surprised him. Suddenly, he holds out the phone to his niece. 

The Salvatore girl looks surprised by his gesture before she slowly takes the phone and puts it against her ear, wondering why the Gilbert girl wishes to talk to her. "Hi." She greets quietly. 

"Evelyn." Elena breathes out in relief, speaking with a soft and gentle tone. "I heard you were hunting with Stefan. Is everything going all right for you?" 

Evelyn is slightly shocked by the human's concern as most humans do not care about vampires' well-being but the doppelganger seems to do. And she hasn't known Elena very long or very well yet so she's unaware of why the Gilbert girl seems so concerned and worried for her. 

"I'm fine. Hunting animals requires more patience than blood bags or hunting humans." Evelyn speaks, her tone lacing with slight humor. 

Elena chuckles softly. "You can do it. I believe in you. If even just a little part of what Stefan's told me about you is true, then I know you can do everything if you truly want it and put your mind to it." 

Evelyn exhales quietly. "Thank you. Is this why you called? A pep talk?" 

Elena sighs. "No, not really." She confesses softly. "I wondered if you would like to come over tonight and have dinner with me and my family at my house. I want us to be friends, Evelyn. I know it's weird with me dating your uncle. But I don't want it to be weird or awkward. Plus, Jenna wants to meet you." 

"Jenna is your aunt, right?" Evelyn questions, looking for confirmation. 

"Yes." Elena confirms gently. "I'm sure Jeremy wouldn't mind. He's actually inviting his girlfriend, Anna, tonight. I thought it would also help you to maybe make friends." 

Evelyn purses her lips. "I will have to ask my dad first. It will be very hard to get him to agree. I assume you know how he can be." 

Stefan takes back his phone. "Don't worry, she will come. I will convince Damon. You'll see her tonight. Bye, Elena." He hangs up, sending his niece a grin. 

Evelyn looks at him stunned. "Why did you do that? Dad wouldn't agree-" 

"I can be very convincing." Stefan insists. 

Evelyn raises her eyebrows. "Have you lost your mind, Uncle Stefan? Dad would never agree to let me go. He said he would never let me out of his sight again. This is an exception because of my bloodlust. Plus, he would be too worried to let me into a house filled with alive human blood bags. I mean no offense, but that's all humans are to me right now. I have faced it. I am a ripper. Maybe you can keep it under control with animal blood. But I have been in the tomb for 145 years. My bloodlust is too big to keep under control with animal blood. The best thing to do is to keep distance from humans, like that broody vampire in that Twilight book Elena showed me. Edward Cullen, I think his name was."