𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑 | 𝐔𝐍𝐃𝐄𝐑 𝐂𝐎𝐍𝐓𝐑𝐎𝐋

After Evelyn wakes up the next morning, she feels her throat burning painfully out of the strong desire to taste some blood. So the heretic walks down to the cellar, beginning to drink a blood bag. But after finishing it, she realizes she wants much more. So the blue-eyed hybrid keeps drinking blood bag after blood bag. 

Suddenly she hears footsteps. She looks up with blood around in her mouth messily. Stefan watches his niece with an unreadable expression. 

"Uncle Stef-" Evelyn begins in a low mumble. 

Stefan smiles slightly, crouching down in front of his niece carefully. "It's okay, Evie." He assures her in a gentle whisper. "I won't tell. Not anyone. Not your father, not Elena, not anyone. As long as you don't tell on me, okay? We keep it between us. We just need time...to get this under control." 

Evelyn smiles softly. "Thank you, Uncle Stefan." 

Stefan caresses her hair gently. "I'm gonna go meet Elena so she doesn't suspect anything's wrong, okay? You should do the same with Damon. We all know how Damon is with you. The last thing we need is for Damon to get into overprotective dad mode." 

Evelyn snickers softly. "Yeah. I will talk to him." 

Stefan kisses the top of her hair before slowly standing up. Before leaving the cellar, he turns back with a small teasing grin. "And maybe clean the blood off your face." 

Evelyn smiles sarcastically. "Thank you, Uncle Steffie." 

"You know, it's scary how alike Damon you are sometimes. Sometimes I swear I can see him in your eyes. Very horrifying." Stefan teases softly. 

Evelyn glares playfully. 

Stefan chuckles softly before he leaves the cellar, leaving toward the Gilberts' residence to meet up with his girlfriend so she won't suspect anything's wrong with him. Because if she finds out, then Evelyn will also be ratted out. And he doesn't want Evelyn to have to deal with her extremely overprotective father. He would never let her leave his side ever. For real this time. 

💙🩸🌕🔮

After Evelyn has talked with her father, he leaves to talk with Elena after she texted him. When he offers to let her come, she gently declines. A few hours later, Evelyn finds herself accompanying her father and uncle to the Founders' Day Kick-Off Party. 

"Oh, God. I shouldn't be here." Stefan exhales, placing his hands on Evelyn's shoulders. "We shouldn't be here." He corrects himself, smiling softly down at his niece. 

Damon inhales, stepping forward inside the Lockwood mansion. "Come on, don't be a downer. It's a party for the founding families. That would be us. It would be rude to skip it. Plus, Lynnie hasn't been to founders' parties since 1864." 

"You know, I really liked you a whole lot better when you hated everybody." Stefan comments, giving Damon a look before he looks at the crowd of people. 

Damon looks at the people inside the mansion. "Oh, I still do." He begins. "I just love that they love me." He slowly turns to his brother and daughter, chuckling quietly. "How you feeling?" 

"I'm fine-" Stefan begins. 

"Well, that's good, Steffie, but I wasn't asking you." Damon comments. "I was asking my baby who hasn't experienced the vampire life or been in this century very long." 

Stefan presses his lips together. "Thanks, Damon." He shoots him a sarcastic look. 

"No craving? No urges? You don't want to rip up a vein right here and now?" Damon questions softly, pulling the heretic closer to him as he embraces her smaller body tightly to his chest.