𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐈𝐗 | 𝐈𝐒𝐎𝐁𝐄𝐋

After Elena and Stefan call Damon and Evelyn, informing them of Isobel paying Alaric a visit at Mystic Grill last night and telling them to come, Damon drives them toward the high school. When they finally reach the high school, they step inside the history classroom. 

"Damon. Evelyn. Thanks for coming." Alaric sends them a grateful look. 

Damon glances between them before his gaze lands on the vampire hunter. "Sorry we're late. The dog ate my... Never mind." He observes their facial expressions before he turns back to Alaric. "What's with all the furrowed brows?" 

"I saw Isobel last night." Alaric reveals. 

Damon glances over at Elena and Stefan for confirmation before turning back to the vampire hunter. "Isobel's here?" 

Alaric nods slowly with an expressionless face. 

"In town?" Damon questions.

Damon slowly glances over at Elena, seeing her withdrawn emotional state which most likely means the history teacher is not telling them a lie. 

"Awkward for you." Evelyn comments. 

Damon turns to his daughter, looking slightly surprised by her comment before a proud smile overtakes his face. "Yes, it's very awkward for him. And for Elena, I'm sure." 

"Not to be insensitive or anything, I'm sorry." Evelyn smiles slightly, glancing between the history teacher and the doppelganger. 

💙🩸🌕🔮

"Did you ask about Uncle John? Are they working together?" Damon interrogates the history teacher, crossing his arms.

"No." Alaric mutters. 

"No, they're not?" Damon questions. 

"I didn't ask." Alaric clarifies. 

Damon walks closer to the teacher. "What about the invention?"

Alaric shakes his head. "Didn't ask." 

"Does she know about the tomb vampires?" Damon questions. 

"I don't know." Alaric crosses his arms, shaking his head. 

Damon narrows his eyes. "Did completely words escape you?" He snaps at the history in irritation, irritated that he did not ask anything important. 

 "I was a little distracted by my dead vampire wife to ask any questions." Alaric snaps in frustration at the raven-haired vampire. 

Evelyn takes a step forward, the veins under her eyes darkening. 

Alaric sees it and swallows slightly before looking down. He slowly takes a step back, stepping away from the eldest Salvatore brother. 

"Evie." Stefan speaks softly. 

Evelyn ignores him, staring at the history teacher. Damon turns back to his daughter, walking over to her and kissing the top of her head gently which makes her darken veins disappear. Her face turns back to its humanly state.

 "What does she even want?" Evelyn questions. 

Elena inhales sharply. "She wants to see me, Evelyn." 

"Alaric is supposed to arrange a meeting. We don't know why." Stefan speaks up, crossing his arms before exhaling gently. 

Damon glances at Elena. "You don't have to see her if you don't want to." 

Elena shakes her head. "I don't really have a choice." She mutters softly. "She said she wouldn't mind killing a heretic." She adds, sending the Salvatore girl a worried look.