Chapter 4.2: Turbulence | Alyia

"I can't hear you if you're whispering." He spoke.

Ahirman wasn't sitting from across the sofa like before, but right beside me. His arm is resting above my head now and he's looking down at me. He was trying to intimidate me... and it was working. I didn't care to look at his features, because his mouth spit out enough for me to focus on. But now it's like I had no other choice but to do so, as he was smothering me with his presence.  Although I have read about many Imphorians and studied their photos in secret, none of them looked like this. Not even the other crew members were close to this caliber of- perfection.

He was more than handsome, A once in a lifetime type of beauty. Almost as if he was made in a lab with his genes handpicked for the best quality. Or it is possible he was the son of Gods, yet I mocked him and questioned if he had any stature. I should have never said those things, because everyone knows you can't achieve a look like that and be a nobody. I am sure jealousy and hate seeps out of the men who wished to be him. I am sure goddesses from across many universes know this 'one' exist. I am sure women who have met him leaked with an overwhelming amount of desire and lust. I am sure no women has ever turned him down, and I am sure his stories of women are endless.  He's probably received letters of fathers trying to marry their daughters to him or maybe even love letters of married women divorcing their husbands to be with him.

Ahirman is his name.

Its sounds familiar, but I am unsure if I've ever read about him. The book I owned was one that I found long ago, in a library. This library was soon demolished for having such things, like books and articles that mentioned information from the outside world. The book I had was an original copy from Planet X itself, handwritten by the god known as Helim, a famous writer, reporter and historian. It was as descriptive as any personal diary would be. The writing was small, and its content was of important beings that existed within their world.  I would have remembered if he was Ahirman was mentioned, I am sure of it.

Or maybe he's in a different type of book. Honestly, he probably has his own book, It's possibly an entire section of books about him in some great library.

He's probably become bored with life until now, with me defying him in every way possible. I've probably made his blood boil because he wasn't getting his way with me.

I say all of this, except I know very little about him or who he is, and why he is trying to marry me. Out of all people, why me?

I felt myself unconsciously swallowing hard and pressing my body into the arm rest of this sofa. I couldn't describe this feeling but surely, I was uncomfortable.  What was I to do? What was I to say? I can't deny him again-I could tell him yes, but it would be a lie.

Sure, he is attractive, but I am not attracted. He probably is famous and wealthy, but I want my own statues. Also, if I was to marry anyone, I know exactly who I would marry, and it would not be him.

" Now, what were you saying?" He asked.

" I am sure you've realized by now, that I have no Ore, right?" I snapped at him, as I felt my eyes watering, "And I am sure that you've questioned this the entire time, I know. It's unheard of that someone is born without an Ore these days. So, I am no service to you or anyone."

"You could be lying for all I know." He said with a pressing tone, " But nice try."

I didn't know what to say as his words finally struck my last nerve. Somehow he'd figured out I was lying. He was getting closer and closer to in masking me, and I do not need that to happen.

"You're not understanding me! " I said frustratingly, waving my hands, " Even if I was to say yes, I'd be no use to you! "

Ahirman went to speak, but the metal door retracted up. Now we could see the regular door to the bathroom.