Chapter 26

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

"Hello...?" I say as i answer the phone.

"Hey! Its Lincoln.. Im so sorry for being so cold to you the past two days... I just couldn't tell how i felt...." Lincoln says softly as he trails off.

"Felt about what?? What do you mean Lincoln?" I respond confused.

"I-.... I really like you Xavier! Im so sorry I didnt say it sooner! I was just scared because I didnt want to lose you.."

Silence fills the air following his words. but not of sadness, or disgust, or anger.

But of suprise.

"You like me?..." I ask suprised, my heart fluttering.

"I do.. Can you come over?? I wanna tell you in person more, maybe I can take you on a date?" He asks in a calm tone.

"Ill hang up and get ready, so you can talk to me in person. Can you send me the adress?" I ask as I go to my closet and pick out a outfit.

"Yep! Ill text it to you, Ill see you when you get here Xavier." I can hear his cheeky smile through the phone. That idiot.

I hear the call hang up and I set my phone down on my bed.

I change into my outfit and grab my wallet and phone, and put them both in my pocket. I walk downstairs and grab my jacket. I put it on then walk out the door.

I walk down the sidewalk and look at the signs as I walk to Lincolns house.

I see a bright light and a sharp pain in my right side of my body from the same direction.

My ears are filled with a loud horn, in the seconds it was happening i could only assume it was a car horn.

It felt like everything was in slow motion, I can hear bones breaking in me and I still cant process whats happening until im laying on the cement pavement, still and numb. Looking at all the lights from cars stopping in the road, the lights filling the dark road tonight. I look up to see a car with blood all over the front of it and look at myself to see its mine.

Is it really mine? I was just walking, i didnt get hit by a car right?

Why am I so calm? Am I in shock?

Will my Dad be okay alone? After losing me right after my sister?

My thoughts continued to be louder in my head than the voices of people trying to keep me awake.

Is this all a dream? will I wake up to my alarm soon if I fall asleep?

My thoughts slow down almost to a stop.

If I die, I hope Lincoln doesn't think I stood him up....

My brain was getting foggy... slowly.......slowly....

"i....think....i love you...too....lincoln...." the words slip from the breaths fighting to leave my body after entering.

The lights are getting dimmer. Im not ready to die... I dont want to die anymore....everything feels....so....cold....

Im sorry Lincoln.