Chapter 4

Thank you for reading enjoy

Chapter 4

Easton

I spent the entire day thinking about what Harlowe said last night. She is so damn determined to make everyone see how good she is in business, at understanding football, at being able to not just own but run a top notch team. She doesn't see that everyone who matters already knows how good she is.

Her family, my family, all of us are behind her. Hell, Grandpa and Grandma have called me every night to ask how she is doing. They want to come out and see for themselves but they know they would overshadow her. That's the last thing they want to do.

So they will wait, just like the rest of the family. All of them will be out for the first game of the season. They have their own suite, two suites, next to each other now that the family has gotten so big. The Segler's and the Bradford's will be there for the first big game for Harlowe and for me.

"Hey, Bradford! I saw you got a little one on one time with the new owner last night. How did that go?" Cooper Sands, tight end, and a good friend of mine, decided to poke at me over the press release this morning.

"She stopped by to chew me out for kissing her in front of the press. No big deal. You know we grew up together, right? Her brother is my best friend," I remind him.

"Yeah, well, that isn't the way I open the door to my best friend's little sister but hey, she doesn't look like Harlowe Segler either," Cooper laughs as do some of the other guys.

The comment rubs me the wrong way and immediately I make a point to everyone in the locker room that Harlowe is off limits. With the palm of my hand, I slam his locker closed and step into his face, angry and ready to fight.

It took Coop off guard. I don't start fights with the team, but then my best friend's sister wasn't being talked about in the locker room before.

I've done this only a few times before. Every time it was about Harlowe. Some idiot on the team would get a wild hair up their ass and think it's okay to talk shit about her. The kind of stuff you don't say about a nice girl like Harlowe. Stuff you wouldn't want said about your sister or your girlfriend. So I defended her.

Just like I'm going to defend Harlowe now.

"Harlowe is off limits to everyone in this locker room. She is to be respected and treated like family! Nobody talks trash about her. You treat her like you would your sister or your best friend's sister. We protect her! Do you understand me? If anyone wants to talk shit about her, they're going to be dealing with me!" Looking around the room, I had every eye on me.

I'll take on any one of them if they try anything with Harlowe. I'm not a linebacker, I don't play defense but I'm no slouch. I don't back down from a fight either. Especially one that matters.

"I didn't mean anything, Easton," Cooper tried to apologize.

"She's a woman, what does she know about football, dude?"

"What experience does she actually have? She's young, Easton. She can't be over thirty."

"If she was married and her husband was involved, maybe but she's a single chick. What does she actually know?"

"All of you were given a chance to play this game with no experience in the league," I silenced the room. "All of you had to prove that you could do it. That you had what it takes to be here. If you don't trust her, then trust me. I know Harlowe can take us to the championship."

"How?" Dre asked the question everyone else was thinking.

"Because I trust her. I believe in her. I've known her all my life. She's a woman in a man's industry. She's going to face a lot of backlash from a lot of people and she needs us to stand with her. We have to stand behind her. Harlowe is a good person with a big heart. She's tough and she doesn't take any shit, but she gets the job done.