Chapter 8

Thank you for reading Enjoy

Mature content please be advised

Chapter 8

Harlowe

The last place I thought I would find myself today was at Point Conception. Since Easton doesn't live here and it isn't one of the big family events, I'm rarely ever here. But something told me there was only one person who could help me.

"Hi Lowe! I didn't expect to see you today. How is football ownership going?" Emma greeted me with open arms, welcoming me into her home, just as Georgia would have done, I'm told.

She reminds me of her. Not in looks. I'm told they are very opposite there. But in style. They had similar taste in design of architecture. Although Emma is very classy in how she dresses, Georgia had a style of dress all her own.

Today Emma is wearing navy capris with a red and white striped shirt and red little tennis shoes. With her light blonde hair pulled up at the nape of her neck, she has the ability to look classy and feminine. She looks casual and comfortable but elegant. I want to look like her.

"I was hoping you could help me out. I have a problem and I don't know what to do," looking at the confusion on Emma's face, I think I made a mistake. Maybe going to Easton's grandmother wasn't the best idea.

"I was just about to take a walk out to the garden to put some flowers out for Georgia. Why don't you join me?" Emma asked as she scooped up a basket full of gorgeous flowers. "Georgia always loved her flowers and we can talk about what's bothering you. Come on."

Looping her arm through mine, she guided me through the house to the back kitchen door and we crossed the patio to the stairs to the topiaries that created an arched entrance to the garden. This is where Georgia Bradford is buried. With her flowers in full bloom around her, and the sound of the ocean off in the distance, she has the greatest sunsets every night and the morning sky over her cliffs.

"You know Georgia was the best at giving advice. She always knew, especially when it came to her boys, what to do," Emma commented as she arranged the flowers in a vase that was fitted into the headstone. "I don't know how many times I went to her when Blake made my life miserable."

"You and Blake have always seemed so happy," it came out before I could stop myself.

Emma laughed loudly. A bawdy laugh that was full of humor and love. "Oh, we are now. That wasn't always the case. Too many times I wanted to glue his dick to his leg."

I guess the expression on my face wasn't what she expected, because she laughed even harder and hugged me, when she almost fell over. I couldn't help but smile at her and the way she could look back at their past and see the humor in the way he teased her.

"Georgia knew that Blake was only the pain in the ass that he was to me because he was in love with me. He wasn't ready for me, she said. And when he was ready, he would change. He would come to me and he would tell me," Emma gently brushed the dirt from the stone. As if she was cleaning and tending to Georgia's garden. Her eyes glistened with tears as she finished her story. "He did more than that. He apologized in front of the world for being a jerk to me. Then he came to me and told me. And I fell in love with him."

"Easton wasn't supposed to touch me." I blurted out to her information I don't think was a surprise. "Max made him promise to never touch me. He was supposed to protect me like a brother, but he didn't. He wanted me, just like I wanted him and it just happened and he kissed me and said he still wants me, but he can't have me. I don't know what to do."

"Max is upset about this," Emma nodded, understanding my situation. "Brothers are like that. I know how that goes. He'll get over it and he'll be happy that the best man he could find for you was his best friend. It'll be fine."