chapter 2

☘☘☘

"This is my wife, Sonya. Sonya, this is my uncle, Karma."

I stared at the guy who, just this morning, was beside me sleeping. The guy I shared a drink with and I have told all of my problems to. The guy who held me gently, whispered my name and pleasured me all throughout the night.

The guy in front of my husband–his uncle.

Karma, my husband's uncle.

Sinalubong ni Karma ang aking tingin at doon ay bumalik ang lahat ng iniisip ko. Like a bomb detonating, my mind became full of the voices again.

Did I just sleep with my cheating husband's uncle?

The voices answered that question in unison.

Yes.

"She's the landscape architect I told you about," saad ni Everest na nakapagpabalik sa akin sa reyalidad. "She's dependable at that job, at least."

Nagkaroon ng mahinang tawanan mula kila tito at tita na kung ibang araw ay ikakahiya ko na naman. Pero dahil puno na ang isip ko nang dahil sa kanilang bagong dating na kapamilya, hindi ko na magawang isipin pa ang mga insulto nila.

Karma was also looking at me, holding my gaze. His eyes were unreadable. I couldn't comprehend what he's thinking unlike last night when his eyes conveyed his feelings and desires.

His brows are furrowed and he's eyeing me intently. I gulped, sweat forming on my palms.

"Since you seem bored with us, why don't you talk to her now? That's okay, right, Sonya?"

I blinked and turned to Everest. His eyes were the same as ever, condescending, yet it did not bother me. Even the way he grinned.

The whole table is now looking at me. They're waiting for my answer. I'm still preoccupied with my thoughts but I tried to answer because I can feel their impatience. They just want this to be over and get rid of me.

Gulping, I nodded my head. "Y-Yeah."

Halata ang pagkabulol ko sa iisang salita na 'yun at narinig nilang lahat ito.