chapter 19

☘☘☘

"Mommy!"

I turned around and found my boy in the distance. A smile automatically stretched my lips. He was gleaming when he suddenly pointed behind him. Tinignan ko ang tinuturo niya at mula sa dilim, a man appeared. Binuhat nito ang anak ko at niyakap.

Tears started streaming down my face when I recognized him.

"Karma."

He smiled at me. He let our son down before he walked towards me with open arms. He took me in and pulled me to his chest. I cried in his arms while he caressed my hair like how I remember him doing it in the past. I buried my face on the crook of his neck and inhaled his scent.

"Karma..."

He held me tighter. "I'm here, darling."

When I opened my eyes, I saw my son again. Another man appeared behind him and picked him up.

"Karma." I tried to push him away to get to my son but he hugged me tighter. "Karma, our son."

His arms pulled me in tighter that I almost could not breath.

"K-Karma..."

I held his shoulders and tried to push him but when I looked at his face, my eyes widened when it wasn't Karma that I saw.

When I blinked, he was suddenly gone. When I looked over to my son, he, too, was not there anymore.

I collapse to the darkness, my eyes flooding tears. I wailed but I couldn't hear my own words.

"Sonya..." a voice echoes.

I tried to respond but my voice was gone.

"Sonya!"

My eyelids flew open and a light from the ceiling welcomed me. It took me some time to adjust my eyesight to the light and after blinking countless times, I looked around to see where I was. As the panic set in my chest, my eyes landed on a person standing by the door.