012

Bailee stood in the kitchen as she stood getting sorted for school. She knew how things weren't easy. She knew how she was having a baby. And how it was a lot to get her head around but she knew how she was trying her best.     

She was trying to be a good mum. She knew that she wanted that. She knew that even if she was young. She knew that it didn't mean that she couldn't be a good mum.

Bailee looked to see Rachel as she walked into the kitchen and looked to her and smiled. "You look awful," Rachel said. 

Bailee rolled her eyes as she looked to her. "Jeez thanks mum. I love you too."

Rachel smiled to her. "You know I don't mean anything bad by it all. Are you sleeping much?" She asked 

Bailee looked to her and shock her head. "No. Not really. I'm fine mum, I promise. I am just pregnant. But I will be okay," she said as Rachel looked to her daughter and nodded.

She knew that she was worried about her daughter. And how she was doing all of this on her own. She knew she was impressed that she was being responsible. But she felt as if she shouldn't be alone in this. 

"I know you will be. As your mum, I can't help but worry. I want you to know. I'm here to support you no matter what," Rachel said as Bailee looked to her and smiled.

****

Bailee forgot school. She smiled as she walked into the common room as she saw Evie. "Hey how are things with you and Tom? Are you two okay?" Bailee asked.

Evie smiled. "We're still together I love him. And all it's just hard since I'm pregnant. I just know he's worried about his job and my dad and all. It's a mess," she said as she sat down and sighed.

Bailee looked to her and smiled. She could see how stressed that Evie was. "Hey I know how it is. And I know it's complicated. But I'm your best friend. And I'm here. It will be okay," she said. 

Evie looked to her and smiled. "How about you? Is my dad being good to you? I mean I know what a jerk that he can be," she said. 

Bailee looked to her and smiled. "It's all good."

****

Bailee walked into Max's office. She smiled as she looked to him. "You text?"

"Hey. I wanted to check in on both of you. And see how you are?" He asked.

Bailee smiled. "I'm okay."

"I know none of this is easy. But we do need to think about things. And what we are going to do. I know it's not easy. But we need to come up with a plan," he said.

Bailee looked to him. "A plan what do you mean?"

"For the baby. You know we can't keep it. Look I think it's best that you give the baby to me. And tell your mum you gave it up for adoption," Max said as Bailee felt her heart break

She couldn't believe what she was hearing. But she had no idea how this was only the start of the betrayal.