Duan's Anger

“Y-young Master!” Varga looks at Duan with anxiousness.

“I…I heard you are an engineer that m…makes mecha?”

Duan stops walking down the stairs and walk to Varga who is clinging on the wall to stand up 

“You are not well yet. Go back to sleep.” Duan said worriedly.

“I…I’m fine.” Varga’s round eyes shine, staring at Duan. He thought Duan would be mad if he called him but he is so gentle and kind.

Duan sighs and carries him in his arms.

“Ah? Ah! My Lord, I am an adult now. You can’t just carry me.” Varga flails in Duan’s arm.

Duan gently touches his back.

“Don’t move around and fall.”

Varga felt ashamed.

“I’m causing you so much trouble. I’m sorry.”

“It wasn’t troublesome.” Varga was sleeping on the second floor away from his other ‘siblings’ because he needed total bed rest and the rowdy children just couldn't keep quiet disturbing him so they decided to put Varga on the second floor to let him rest.

Duan puts Varga on the bed.

Before he can stand straight, Varga clings to Duan’s clothes.

“My Lord, can I talk to you?”

Duan nods.

Varga smiles brightly and lets go of Duan.

Duan pulled a chair and sat next to the bed.

The report about the Fredrist Medicine Institute. Since they are family, it will still be frowned upon if they are the one who will report the Clan’s wrong doing so the Duke takes that task.

Not only Varga’s group are the only victims. There are many more all over the Universe 32.

Countless lives already perished at this point. The more Duan thinks of it, the sicker he feels. If not out of respect to his father, he would really change his surname to their mother’s.

“That….Actually…My father was also an engineer.” Varga shyly said. His face is bright red.

“He taught me a lot about the process of making and repairing a mecha but all of that only in theory. We…we are so poor that we can’t even have tools for it. But I…I really dream to see one…a real mecha piece!” Varga looks at Duan with glee then flinches.

“I…I am wasting your time. I’m sorry.”

Duan robs his head.

“Do you want to become an engineer?”

Varga gapes. His eyes are shining so bright but soon he becomes relaxed.

He shakes his head.

“It’s just an old dream. I…I still have to take care of my siblings. They all said they want to work for Fredrist but we can’t really stay here forever. I…I just want to see a real mecha engineer and maybe…maybe see your…your tool?” He blushes. “If only you allow me! I won’t touch them I promise!”

Duan frowns.

Seeing his bad mood, Varga’s face paled.

He looks down nervously.

“That…It doesn’t really matter…”

“You are right. You and the children can’t stay here forever.” Duan said seriously.

Hearing him speak without reprimanding him after he stupidly asked for such a huge favor to someone he owed his and his siblings life, he was a relieved.

“Yes. But can you let me stay for a few more days? I promise my siblings will do their best to earn their keep. We will go after I can walk properly. We will never forget your kindness. Some day, if you need us we will risk our life for you.”

Duan emotionally hugs Varga.

“If someone likes you who has this high self esteem and social awareness still try to call for me after knowing I am a mecha engineer….does that mean you like to be an engineer like your father right? Then go and become a mecha engineer. I will sponsor you to go to school. All the things you’ll be needing for the next 8 years. I will cover them for you.”

Varga’s eyes become clouded by tears.

He cried softly.

But after the two become emotionally connected at one point, Varga still refused Duan.

“I have siblings to take care of. I can’t make you responsible for all of us. I am thankful for the offer but I am not meant to be an engineer.”

Duan feels aggrieved.

“Why can’t I provide for them? Do you know how much I have in my bank account?” Duan who never flexed about him being a Fredrist or being the young genius chief mecha engineer suddenly became frustrated with Varga.

“I am a Fredrist! The least of my worries is money!”

.

.

.

“Hmmm? What are you doing there Elian?” Elionora asks.

Elian turns back and makes a motion for her not to say anything and another motion to come closer.

Elionora chuckles and walks to him.

“What are you doing so suspiciously?”

“Brother Duan is getting mad.” Elian grins.

“Brother Duan?” Elionora also snoops around.

“This does not matter how much you have my Lord.” Varga insists.

“Do you know how much a regular mecha engineer makes a year? You can support your siblings more if you have that much money! I’ll provide for you till then.”

“This is too much!”

Varga said worriedly.

“You're still refusing! Is your pride stronger than your love for your siblings? Is my money not good? Only the money you make is good?”

“That is….not what I meant..Why…Why would you go so far?” 

Duan shakes his head.

“I am doing this for myself!”

He said justified.

Varga gapes at him before he angrily reputes.

“You don’t make sense, my Lord!”

Duan sneers.

“That I…If you become a great mecha engineer. You will have a good position someday. I am the chief engineer in my division but there are many people who hate me because of my talent. If I invest in you now, won’t I get a good ally later?”

“The premise is that I will be in a high rank position someday. Which may never even happen?”

“Why are you so unconfident? That’s a problem!” Duan said.

Elionora gapes as her beloved brother is arguing with a child.

Elian giggles.

“Okay, you two should stop arguing.” Elian finally showed up to stop them from arguing.

“S..savior.” 

A/N:

Hahaha

Duan : Hmp

Varga : My Lord, this is inappropriate!

Elian : Cute~

Elionora : Oh my