Buddha Box (iii)

Tweek:
"Mom, dad, I'll be back soon," I say, pulling on my shoes and coat. "Okay Tweek," my mom says, smiling at my gently.

I grab Craig's hand, and drag him outside. "Let's go get the box," he mumbles, squeezing my hand.

We walk to his house, hand in hand. I was still mad, don't get me wrong, but it's hard to stay mad at Craig, especially when he ran to your house, about to cry, at 10pm.

We arrive at his house, and he opens the door. His mom was passed out on the couch, and his dad was asleep on a chair. He brings me up to his room, and grabs the box. We were about to leave his room, when he grabs my chin and kisses me.  I pull away. "Craig...," I mumble. He hugs me tight, and doesn't let go. I let out a small sigh, "let's go, Craig."

He reluctantly lets me go, and grabs my hand. Honestly, I wish he had never let go. I don't want him to think I've forgiven him... even though I have.

He leads me outside, and we walk towards the outskirts of town. It only took us 10 minutes to get there.

He places the box on the dirt, and grabs a stick. He lets go of my hand to grab a lighter from his pocket. He lights the tip of the stick on fire, and touches the box to the flame. The cardboard slowly caught fire. He dropped the stick on it, and grabbed my hand again.

"Do you always carry that on you?" I ask, gesturing to the lighter. "Hm? Oh, yeah, pretty much," he responds. "Why?" I question, leaning my head on his shoulder. "In case I need a cigarette," he mumbles.

"You should really stop that."

"I know."

He turns to look at me. "I'm sorry," he repeats. I don't respond. As weird as this sounds, Craig was surprisingly... cute when he was upset. It's different, and new. I like seeing this side of him. He sits on the ground, watching the box go up in flames.

I sit next to him. I make him look at me, by grabbing his chin. His cheeks were slightly wet, and his eyes were red. My eyes widen. He was crying. I made the emotionless Craig Tucker cry.

I wipe the tears from his cheeks, and take off his hat. I place it to the side. He shakes his hair, to cover his eyes. His bangs cover his eyes easily.

I lean forwards and place a small, tiny kiss on his lips. Even through his bangs, I could see his eyes widen. He cups my face and kisses me again. And again. And again.

I pull away, laughing. "I'm sorry," he says repeatedly, hiding his face in my shoulder "It's fine; just please, stop crying," I smile, placing my hand on the back of his head.

"We should probably put the fire out now... and go home," I chuckle. He sighs, and walks up to the box, and stomps it out.

I sigh, standing up. "We gotta go home now," I mumble. "Nooo," he whines, putting his head back on my shoulder. "I'll see you tomorrow," I respond, patting his head. "But that's so far away," he groans.

I chuckle. "It's possible."

"No it's not!"

"Anything's possible."

"No."

"Hey, I said I needed a break, and here I am, and hour later, already back to talking with you."

"Ugh, fine," he groans, kissing my cheek, "but I'm walking you home."