Seven

All during class I was actually dreading my date tonight with Luke. I hadn't actually been on a date in so long. I had been so consumed with cheer ever since my last date ended in the worst possible way. After finding out my boyfriend of six months, Josh, had been cheating on me, I buried myself in cheer so I didn't have to worry about guys or the pity everyone at our small high school was giving me. Once I got word of my cheer scholarship to UCLA I didn't care about what Josh had to say or about the pity that everyone gave me. Ever since then I was too busy to date and no guys really paid too much attention to me. I was dreading that it had been so long that I wouldn't even act normal on this date. Rushing back to my dorm to hopefully get some advice from either Ashley or Jess I still had a good portion of the day to calm down and then start to think about getting ready.

I burst through the door hoping Ashley would still be in the room and not out with Michael or at class. To my luck she was still in the room.

"Oh thank God I need your help" I said slightly out of breath

"Whoa it looks like you just ran a mile" She looked at me like I was crazed.

"Something awful happened"

"Oh my God what happened??" Now she was panicking.

"Luke asked me out and I agreed and we're going out at 7" I said frowning

"What the hell? No that is a good thing!" Now she was really looking at me like I was crazy.

"No bad thing. I haven't been on a date in like over a year, I'm a loser and he's going to never want to see me again." Now I was actually upset now that I said it out loud.

"Awh no he won't! Michael told me he really really likes you and had been planning something before class today to get you to want to go out with him. Just calm down and I'll help you get ready once I'm back from class " She said trying to lighten the mood

"I hope you're right and I'll try" I couldn't help but still be a little skeptical about this date.

Once Ashley left I tried to take a small nap to calm down like she had said. When I woke up I texted Jess that I was actually going on a date tonight with Luke because I knew she was in class back in Milford. Although I was supposed to be calming down all of my thoughts were consumed by Luke and Luke brought an incredible amount of worry into me. 

When Ashley came back she had two venti iced caramel macchiatos, "I thought we could use these, well mostly you" She laughed and handed me one.

"THANK YOU" Taking the first sip and instantly relaxing more with that sip than the whole time she was gone when I was supposed to be 'sleeping'.

"Okay so Michael told me Luke was planning to take you out to dinner somewhere just off campus so I don't think it'll be anything too fancy but not too casual so lets get to your closet and see what you have and worse case just wear something of mine." She smiled at me.

"Has anyone told you that you're the closest thing to a modern mother Theresa?" I asked her being completely serious.

We eventually decided on a shorter black skater dress with spaghetti straps that Ashley got from Urban Outfitters and then a pair of just plain tan sandals I had. The dress pushed my boobs up a little too much for my liking but Ashley assured me I looked great. I straightened my hair perfectly for a good hour and had some pieces pinned back to look half up half down while Ashley attacked my face with every makeup brush imaginable.

Luke had some how managed to get my phone number through someone, probably Ashton, and told me he would be around my dorms at 7. I was about done getting ready at about 5:30. Having some time to kill and knowing Jess was out of school I decided to call her.

"Heyyyy shouldn't you be on a date??" She asked answering the phone.

"Not for another hour and a half or so. I got ready so early you have no idea." I tried to laugh off.

"Hahah of course you got ready almost two hours before you have to leave" She said laughing, "Well what are you supposed to be doing on this date"

"I think he's taking me somewhere off campus for dinner and I think that's it unless he has something planned for after dinner but I don't know" Thinking about being alone one on one with Luke had my nerves crawling back up on me.

"Ooohh well I'm sure you two will have fun and he'll fall so madly in love with you on this date he won't want the night to end" She said through the phone line.

"I hope so" We continued to make small talk for an hour before we both hung up.

Luke texted me at 6:45 telling me the address of the restaurant and  that he was running late and just to meet him there. Trying to keep my hopes up I made my way out of my building and started walking. When I did get to the restaurant I was five minutes late from the time we were actually supposed to meet. I asked the host at the restaurant if there were any tables under Luke and unfortunately there were none so I had to sit alone hoping he would show up. Every passing minute had me losing hope.

After 30minutes I gave up hope.

When I was getting up to leave a hand stopped me by gently grabbing my elbow. Silently praying it was Luke so I could at least tell him how much I hated him in person, I was shortly let down again tonight. It was the waiter that oh so kindly kept refilling my water for me when I was waiting.

"I don't mean to intrude, but I just want you to know that uh if it was me I wouldn't have stood you up and this guy is a real idiot for standing up someone as beautiful as you" he said genuinely.

"Thanks I actually don't get told that a lot" I tied to smile.

"Uh here let me", he said starting to write something down on one of the napkins on the table, "Its my uh number if you ever need someone to hangout with to piss off that guy, I'd be more than willing to help you" he said smiling.

"Thanks, I didn't catch your name. I'm Aly"

"Brendon, I'll see you around Aly".

Sniffling on my walk I tried blocking out all thoughts of how lame it was that I got stood up. I was trying to determine what I felt more, embarrassment, rage, sadness. I didn't want to have myself a pity party and trying to talk myself up the whole twenty minute walk back to my room.

Just when I was finally approaching my dorm building, I was walking on the Sigma Chi side of the road. When I passed the house I stopped dead in my tracks.

There he was.

With a blonde. They were all over each other sucking face.

I could feel the tears pricking my eyes.

When he finally pulled away for air his eyes caught mine, I took off for my dorm building. Ignoring every call and shouted excuse he was giving me.

I couldn't believe him.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Don't hate me

but sorry for such the late update, my power was out from 9 last night and just turned back on like two hours ago but update again tomorrow too! I feel bad for ending the chapter here but next chapter a lot of drama will take place don't worry! Also I kinda want to change the cover for the story so if anyone has any ideas or likes the cover as is let me know!

xx jo.