The Next Morning

As the sun rose over the kingdom of Rosas, Star flew upstairs to wake Asha in his playful way, his signature nose tap. Asha giggles at the gesture.

"Good morning," she says as she taps her pointer finger to his little star-point arm. "I'll be down in a moment," Star flies back downstairs as Asha gets dressed. Walking down the stairs, Asha sees everyone at the table eating breakfast.

"Good morning dear, sleep well?" Sakina asked as she was pouring herself a warm beverage.

"Oh yeah, just what I needed," Asha replied. Walking over to the table, she pulls out a chair from underneath. "Hey, Mom, something incredible happened yesterday," she begins to converse.

"Was it that bright light? I think I already know Star is back," Sakina playfully remarked glancing at Star, who was laughing gleefully. Asha chuckles at the comment.

"Not exactly. But, speaking of Star..." Asha starts, turning to face him. "Go ahead. Show them," she instructs Star. Star then morphs into his new human form.

"Woah Star, you can change form?" questioned Valentino.

"I'm not the only one that has changed. Look at you, you have horns!" Earendel acknowledges.

"Hm. You make an excellent point," Valentino replied.

"So what do we call you? I'm guessing your name isn't Star," Sakina conversed.

"My name is Earendel, but Star is fine," he responded.

"Earendel," Sakina says to herself. "That means 'Morning Star'. Beautiful," To this comment, Earendel smiles.

"What is a morning star?" asks Valentino.

"Good question. From what I have read, a morning star can refer to either a star or a planet that is visible not just at night but at dawn before sunrise," Sakina explained.

"Huh. I say the name suits you," Valentino responded, looking at Earendel. Everyone shared a small chuckle at his comment.

"So Asha, if Star's return wasn't the 'incredible thing' that happened yesterday, what was it?"

"Oh right. Thanks for reminding me," says Asha. "Amaya wants me to be her successor!"

"Really?" Sakina asked excitedly.

"Yes. I want to accept the position, but I'm unsure if I should. She's going to step down in a few months and I want to be sure I have an answer before then," Asha replied.

"You were always one to put in hard work, and you have great friends that have your back," her mom reassures her.

"Thanks, Mom. You know what? I'm going to accept the position. As both fairy godmother and queen, I can reach out to more people, and share more of my magic," Asha realizes.

"Speaking of magic, I presume you still have the wand I gave you?" Earendel asks.

"Of course. I'm heading to the castle to practice my spell casting. Do you want to come? I'm sure you could give me some good pointers," Asha asks him.

"Anything for an old friend," he replies. "I want to learn a few new tricks myself. This is going to be fun,"

Later that morning, they walk through the streets and pass by the new statue of Sabino. They stop and have a moment of silence to remember him and his beautiful wish to inspire others.

Asha and Earendel enter the castle kitchen where all her friends hang out. The kitchen has become their meet-up place when not working. They were joined this time by Queen Amaya, going through the work schedule for the day.

"Hey, guys," greeted Asha.

"Good morning Asha," said Dahlia.

"Off to study magic?" Dario asked.

"You know me. And this time, I'm joined by an old friend," Asha replied.

"Old friend?" Gabo questioned.

"The name's Earendel, but you guys might know me as this little fella," Earendel playfully says as he transforms into the being they knew him as before.

"Star!" everyone exclaimed.

"I knew that bright light in the sky meant something amazing has ah..ah..achoo!" sneezed Safi, which got a laugh out of everyone. Star transforms back.

"Right on cue Safi, right on cue," Simon comediaclly comments.

"Welcome back Star," Amaya greets. She raises her pointer finger and Star playfully taps it with his little star-point arm. He then transforms back.

"Thank you, Your Majesty," says Earendel as he bows before the queen. He takes her hand and kisses it as a gesture of respect, to which Amaya smiles. Soon after, Asha makes the big announcement.

"Since everyone is here, I might as well say it here and now." Asha begins. "Queen Amaya, I am pleased to announce, that I accept your offer to be your successor," she declared. To this, all of her friends applaud.

"Queen Asha. It's got a nice ring to it," Dahlia comments.

"What I want to know is.." she playfully adds while turning to face her friends, "Will you guys be my royal council?"

"Wait, are you serious?" asked Dahlia.

"A great ruler needs a great council, and all of you would be a perfect fit for your future queen," Amaya assures them. All the friends share a group hug with Asha, as a way of saying, "You can count on us,"

Moments later, Asha, Earendel, and Amaya walk toward the castle library.

"I found something that might help you with your magic," Amaya said as she opened a drawer in the library. "I was going to throw them out, but then I thought, maybe you would want them,"

"Magnifico's old notes," Asha acknowledges.

"Judging by these dates, these notes must be from when he started his studies in sorcery," Earendel noticed. Asha smiles.

"This looks like a great place to start," Asha says, looking at Earendel. "Thanks, Amaya," she thanked excitedly, turning her gaze back to her.

"The pleasure is all mine," she replies as she exits the room to continue her royal duties.

"All right then, let's make some magic!" says Earendel, like he is Genie from Aladdin. Instead of summoning cards though, he throws yellow sparks that fade after a few seconds. To this, Asha silently chuckles, happy to have her old friend back.