The Philosopher

After spending a few hours in the castle library practicing spells, Asha and Earendel look out one of the tall windows of the castle that overlooks the kingdom.

"This is the view I will soon have," Asha tells Earendel.

"The view from above. I'm very used to that. Looking down upon those who wish upon me," he relates.

"I bet you got to see some amazing dreams come true," Asha comments.

"From the sky, I got to witness many dreams. My favorites were ones shared by friends and loved ones," he says, intriguing Asha.

"Tell me about one of them," said Asha. They sat on the window sill just as Earendel began his story,

"One of my favorite shared dreams I got to see was between two brothers. They traveled the world looking for stories to share with their homeland. During their journey, they started to write stories of their own. When they returned home, the older brother got an idea to build a place that reflected the stories they discovered so their people could experience them. The younger brother was unsure at first, but then he saw the beauty in his big brother's new dream. In his final days, the older brother became a philosopher to share the wisdom he and his little brother discovered on their adventures. One of his most famous sayings was, 'All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them.'"

"Wow. My father was a philosopher too," Asha reacted. "And that place they built, it kind of sounds like Rosas. It's probably not as detailed as the stories they had on display, but multiple cultures have stopped here over the years. With them, they bring so many new stories."

"No wonder I fell in love with this place when I first arrived. It's like their legacy continues to live on," said Earendel.

"When I become queen, I want to help tell stories and support all our dreams, just like what those brothers did long ago," she tells him.

Somewhere deep in the dungeon, the now glowing mirror begins to crack.

When the evening follows, Asha and Earendel walk through the forest. They pass by an opening in the forest canopy. Earendel stops to look at the brightest star in their limited view. This was the new star that Asha noticed earlier when she was on the Wishing Tree.

"Woah."

"Earendel? What is it?" Asha asked curiously.

"Oh nothing, just... Wow. That is where I usually am?" Earendel asks with amazement. Asha has a short giggle and responds,

"Yep, the night sky. Though from your perspective, I bet it is something completely different,"

Earendel continues.

"It is. You know, roughly seven stars are born every year in the galaxy. The thing about being a sky star though, is that you never really get to know the other stars in the sky. Here, on planets like Earth, I see stars every day get the chance to know one another. To know themselves." 

As he says this, Earendel spots two deer playing in the forest. One was the stag called Bambi and the other was his mate Faline. Through his eyes, he sees both of their hearts glowing. This visual helps him find the right words to proceed with.

"And sometimes, they meet a very special star that changes their life forever." he pauses and looks back at Asha "Like you." 

Asha is charmed by his choice of words. She and Earendel begin to share a duet. One that reflects seeing yourself in another. As they do, they reference many past Disney romances with their physical actions.

Click the External Link for visual reference: Storyboard provided by YouTuber RoyalRainShine.

Moments later they are sitting on the wishing tree.

"That song Sabino wrote, from the sky I hear the people of Rosas sing it. Even though he wrote it shortly after I returned to the sky, I feel like I have heard that melody all my life. Only now, I realize there were words." Earendel shares.

"His wish was to inspire others, and you helped him find that spark he was searching for," Asha praised.

"You know, something tells me that the song wasn't just referring to me," added Earendel.

"But what else could Saba be referring to?" Asha asks in a curious tone.

"I don't know yet, but I'm going to find out," he responds while playfully tapping Asha's nose. When he does, some gold dust flies off. Asha giggles, remembering the times he used to do that as Star. After a short build-up, they almost kiss when suddenly, a silent boom is heard and a burst of green light illuminates through the castle windows.

"What is that?" Asha asked with a fearful tone. "It can't be..."

"You're not thinking it's..." Earendel began to comment.

"I don't know, but we need to make sure Amaya is ok," Asha said fearfully.