Cursed in Fear

Hearing the burst of the firework, Magnifico awakes. Lifting his head from under his wings, he spreads his wings open one at a time like he is Chernabog on Bald Mountain.

He leaps from the roof of the castle to investigate. When he gets close, Simon bangs his sword against his shield, getting Magnifico's attention. The dragon responds by shooting a fireball at him. Simon counters the attack with his shield.

Both of them then hear a familiar whistle.

Click the External Link to hear the whistle: Sound provided by YouTuber IAmSellingMySoul.

Looking up, they see what looks like an advanced version of the Wright Brother's Flyer flying overhead. At the helm, was a girl in blue. Holding on to the scaffolding behind the pilot's chair was Peter playing his pan flute to redirect Magnifico's attention.

"Woohoo! Nice flying Wendy!" he says.

"Thanks, Peter!" she replies.

Annoyed by the sudden sound, Magnifico gives chase in the sky.

Note: In Wish, two civilians wished they could fly. At the movie's end, they pair up to build a flying machine. One was named Peter, named after Peter Pan, and the other was an unnamed girl wearing a light blue dress.

Down in the dungeon, Asha, Earendel, and Amaya come across the mirror that once held Magnifico. It was shattered and gave off a green energy pulse.

"The mirror, it's still here. And, glowing? Why?" said Amaya.

"I don't know. Stand back," Asha instructs Amaya.

Asha pulls out her wand and cautiously moves closer. She taps her wand against one of the mirror fragments. One second later, she pulls back, shrieking in pain, tightly shutting her eyes as if a bright light blinded her.

"Asha! Asha, what is it?" Earendel asks in a worried tone while helping Asha to the floor. "It's ok, I'm right here. I got you," She grabs onto his arms tightly, as if she was going to fall from somewhere high. She opens her eyes and they are no longer her natural brown tint. They were bright green.

Out on the battlefield of Rosas, Simon has a close call with the dragon, like he is Prince Phillip fighting Maleficent. At one point he hides behind a corner, waiting to strike again with his sword. The dragon sticks his head down the alleyway looking for him. Simon strikes Magnifico's head a few times.

"That was for twisting my wish! For turning me against my friends!" Simon remarks angrily. Without warning, Magnifico's eyes suddenly flash bright green and he starts flying away. "Hey, I'm not done with you yet!" Simon says as he runs out from behind where he is hiding. He sees Magnifico flying back toward the castle. Simon runs to the middle of the ruined street and shouts, "Everyone! Magnifico is heading back to the castle! Asha, Star, and Queen Amaya are there!" The civilians who bravely held their ground alongside his friends hear him and begin to rally everyone else to the castle.

Back in the dungeon, Amaya notices Asha dropped her wand, so she runs over to fetch it. Asha looks at Amaya and says tearfully,

"I am so sorry. I'm going to fail you."

"Asha, what are you talking about?" Amaya said fearfully.

"I'll never be as good a queen as you!" she responds, crying. As she says this, green fog creeps in and a menacing voice is heard.

"Ah, so we can agree on something. That would be a first." Magnifico remarks sarcastically. He has transformed back to his human form.

"What do you want now?" annoyingly asked Earendel while Amaya was tending to Asha. He ignores him, continuing to speak to Asha.

"How do you think I was able to get out of that mirror? I fed off of the people's fears and their doubts. What you just touched was the excess fear I harvested off of you, and you just cursed yourself with it,"

"Stop it! Just Leave her alone!" Amaya shouts.

"I was just leaving," he responds. He turns his gaze to Asha "I will be waiting at the top of the castle. Confront me if you dare. I don't think you will though. Your fears seem to be weighing you down." Magnifico says as he walks back toward the doorway. He turns to green fog as he exits the dungeon. Everyone who was on the battlefield gathered outside at the front entrance. Magnifico transforms back into a dragon and the crowd ducks as he soars over them. He circles the castle before landing at the top. There he waits for our heroine, that is if she dares to face him.

"Star, get her out of here," Amaya instructs, giving him Asha's wand.

"What about you?" Earendel asked.

"I'll head to the library and look for a spell we can use against him like we intended," she responds. 

"Ok," he replies. Carrying Asha, he flies quickly to the castle entrance where everyone has gathered. Asha begins to shiver and starts holding her arms close like she's Anna cursed with a frozen heart. Only instead of ice, it is fear that grips her.