Conflict Manifested

In the castle, Amaya fearfully had her back against the wall. Her eyes couldn't believe who stood before her, but she couldn't deny it. It was Magnifico. Something was odd though, he didn't carry his staff, his bright green eyes no longer had pupils, and he glowed with a green aura much like how Earendel glowed yellow.

"You and I shared a dream when we built Rosas. Tell me. Why did you betray it?" Magnifico questions.

"I saw what we were doing was wrong. We should have let the people hold on to their wishes, so they could make them come true. You may have been 'protecting' their wishes, but all you did was prevent them from following their dreams!" Amaya explained.

"My magic made them forget conflict, worry, fear," he trails off.

"You made them forget themselves!" Amaya exclaimed.

Suddenly they hear footsteps coming in their direction. Magnifico looks back to see who it is. Asha had dawned her cloak and Earendel was flying behind her.

"Hello, Asha," Magnifico says trying to sound polite. "Come to check on your queen? Even years later you still care too much," he mocks.

"And you never cared enough," she retorts while unhooding herself and raising her wand toward him.

"Yeah, that's called 'being noble'," Earendel says with a smirk. Magnifico smirks at the comment and then focuses on what is in Asha's hand.

"Nice wand by the way," Magnifico remarks sarcastically. "Let's get to the point. Your queen believes conflict can lead to progress. Do you believe her?" he asks.

"Absolutely," Asha responds. "While never desired, conflict helps us become better people,"

"It also makes us look at things from another point of view," Earendel adds. 

"Wait, do I know you?" Magnifico asks. Without speaking, Earendel takes his first form. "The star?" Magnifico reacts. Earendel then transforms back, ignoring his reaction.

"But I see, your view will never change," he responds, his eyebrows slightly tilted downward.

"You are right starboy, it won't. If I were you, I'd return to the sky where you belong,"

"Not while you stand in the way of those who dream." Earendel declares.

"And as future queen, I vow to defend all those who dream big in Rosas," Asha added. Amaya smiles, knowing she couldn't have chosen a better successor.

Magnifico angrily gives up trying to persuade them. Seemingly calm, he begins to speak again.

"For the longest time, I thought conflict brought nothing but pain and misery. But, if you believe conflict is necessary..." Magnifico starts. He then gives off a silent evil laugh and proudly proclaims, "Then it is a conflict I shall give!" As he says this, he turns to green fog and vanishes from the room.

"No! This is not what I wanted!" Amaya shouts, tears starting to stream down her face.

"Amaya, are you ok?" Asha asks out of concern. "How did he get out of his mirror?" she questions angrily to herself.

"We can find that out later," Earendel responds.

"I'm fine, but he's going to attack Rosas!" Amaya said fearfully. "We have to evacuate the city," she adds.  After a few seconds, Asha responds,

"There is an island just off our coast. We can send everyone there with our magic," Earendel turns to Asha and says,

"I'll find your friends, and tell them to start rallying everyone to the harbor," He then flies out of the room, and out of the castle. Asha turns her gaze to Amaya.

"You're first Amaya. Take my hand," Asha instructs, extending her hand to the queen. Amaya takes it, and with a looping motion of her wand, Asha and Amaya vanish from the room.

Magnifico manifests outside the castle gates. He walks past the statue of Sabino that has replaced his own. With a clenched fist, he telekinetically crushes the statue. Asha's friends were in the town square. So were Sakina and Valentino. All of them hear this and turn their gaze toward the noise. They see Magnifico menacingly walking toward them in the distance.

"Is that...Magnifico?" asked Sakina, starting to question what her eyes were telling her.

"Yeah, but... he looks so different," Hal responded.

"One thing's for sure, we are not sticking around to ask questions. Come on!" Gabo proclaimed. They all start running in the opposite direction.

Magnifico raises his arms upward as though they are wings. As he does, green flames engulf him, and his silhouette morphs into that of a dragon. It's like he is the Mistress of Evil herself. He then breathes down a rain of green fire, in their direction. Before he can hit them, Earendel flies in front and, blocks the blazing inferno with a yellow force field.

"Star!" Dahlia exclaims. When Magnifico runs out of breath, Earendel gives them instructions.

"We need to evacuate Rosas. Can you rally everyone to the harbor?"

"Sure thing," Dahlia responded.

"Let's split up. We can cover more ground," Valentino suggested. Everyone nodded their heads in agreement. Asha teleports back and starts aiding the evacuation.

"Everyone, we have to get to the harbor! Now!" Simon exclaimed to a crowd of people in the town square.

"Everyone, no time to explain, we need to evacuate now!" says Safi as he opens the door to a shop full of civilians. While panic in the street ensues, Bazeema comes across a crying boy.

"Hey, don't worry little one. I got" she tells him, picking him up.

Moments later, everyone has made it to the harbor.

"Dahlia, is this everyone?" Asha asks.

"Yes, Let's get out of here," Dahlia responds. Asha gasps in realization.

"I don't think I can teleport this many people at once," Asha says. At this very moment, Magnifico is flying toward them, inhaling for his next attack.

"Let's combine our magic," Earendel says, his yellow aura glowing. He holds Asha's hand as she makes the same looping motion with her wand, just in time, as Magnifico is about to set the harbor aflame. As he does, he notices he missed them.

"Go on, run for your lives. If you are willing to face conflict, I know you will return, and I'll be waiting," Magnifico says. He flies up to the top of the castle and folds his wings over himself to rest.