Author's notes

This is my first fanfiction.  I was tired of all the criticism Wish was receiving.  All movies have criticism but this felt different.  The people kept complaining the concepts were better than the final product.  I don't doubt some concepts were cool, but I could see why Disney excluded them. I thought I was the only one who saw past the criticisms, but then I found YouTuber MarionetteAngie. She explained why Disney made the right call with the final product.

Click the External link to watch her video.

I wanted to make something that fans and critics could be satisfied with.  With all the talk about Starboy, I thought, "Who says he can't come after?" Most Disney romances happen sometime after our protagonist wishes upon a star, so saving Starboy for a sequel made sense.

Searching for inspiration, I looked up storyboards of Asha and Starboy created by various YouTubers.  Some of them were so beautiful, I had to incorporate them into my story.  Another inspiration was the song "A Wish Worth Making".  One line says, "Even kings and queens daydream to be free from their royal chairs," I thought that could be Amaya's story after Wish. She needs a successor and that is where Queen Asha comes in.

The sad truth is that Wish may never receive a sequel because of its box office score.  But that is what fanfiction is for.  I hope you enjoyed Dream, my sequel to Wish.  Please share your thoughts in the comments.  Every now and then, I hop on to fix up my wording and dialogue choice so it fits how the characters would talk.  I wrote this with the mentality of making a movie, so I expect some reviews, criticism, or comments from my audience. Please share. I would love to hear it.