Chapter 10

Obi-Wan shook me awake the next morning.

"There was someone here last night." I told him, standing up. I showed him the tree. Then he pointed to a smaller carving I hadn't seen the night before. C.S.T.

"What does that mean?" I asked. He stared, thinking.

"I'll think about." he murmured. He looked slightly shocked.

"Have you seen something like this before?" I asked. He nodded.

"The clone commander that served under me years ago, his name was Cody. His signature was that. . . "

"He's dead though." Obi turned around and smirked.

"Yes Skylar. He's dead." I smiled and walked back into the cabin.

"Grab the map on the table and put out the fire." Obi yelled from outside. I grabbed the map, tucking it into my cape pocket. After putting out the fire, I shut the door to the cabin and joined Obi-Wan.

I handed him the map, and we started off. As we walked, I couldn't shake the feeling that we where being watched.

The cave where the crystals were to make my lightsaber was a three day's walk. Lovely. Walking for three days, while an enraged and deadly Sith Lord hunted us down. I think I'm really gonna need that lightsaber. . . I still had that blaster that the stormtrooper had tossed me, but I seriously doubt that'll do much against Vader.

I interrupted the silence. "Tell me about my father." Obi-Wan nodded.

" As you know, my master and I found him on Tatoonie, as a slave. My master freed him, and he came with us. Qui- Gon wanted to train him, but the Jedi Council was hesitant to train him. Eventually, they agreed. But, Qui- Gon died at the hands of Darth Maul. His dying wish was for me to train Anakin. So I did. He was headstrong. He married your mother, Padme, behind mine and the council's back. then Padme got pregnant. Then, Anakin turned to the dark side. He used the Force to choke her, screaming that I had turned her against him. We battled, and I managed to beat him. I then took your mother for medical attention. She died giving birth to you." He cast his eyes down. "I failed him. I failed. I'm so sorry Skylar."

I was stunned at his apology. "It wasn't your fault. Don't tell me you still blame yourself after all these years?"He nodded.

"I was his master. I should have. ." I hugged him. He sighed.

"Well, you won't fail with me. I promise." He smiled, lines creasing his weathered face.

"You will be a great Jedi. It is your destiny."

----------------------------------------

The stormtrooper that had confronted Skylar stopped before Darth Vader.

"You summoned me?" he asked.

"I want you to gather a team and find my daughter!" boomed Vader.

"What about Obi-Wan Kenobi?"

"Kill him."

"Yes,my Lord."

-------------------------------------

Finally, we reached the cave. The whole time, I couldn't shake the feeling we where being watched.

"Sky, go in and get the crystals."

"Why me?!"

"It's your lightsaber." I sighed, and took the map. I slowly entered the cave. It was dark, the only light was from the entrance behind me. According to the map, the crystals were in the heart of the cave. I admired the cave as I walked, it was huge! Finally, I reached the very heart of the cave.

It was full of huge purple pillars hanging from the ceiling and poking through the floor. I pocketed the map, and wound my way through the pillars.

"Aha! Here are the crystals!" I said scooping them up. There where only two. "Gotta be careful," I whispered. Then I ran back to the entrance. As soon as I exited, a hand griped my upper arm.

"Hands on your head!" commanded a gruff voice. Obediently, I placed one hand on my head. He motioned to the other one.

"I can't. You broke that shoulder when you blasted me out of the sky." I looked around, searching for Obi-Wan. He too was being held by a stormtrooper. Suddenly with a flick of his wrist, several troopers flew backwards. I flung my captor back with the Force, and joined Obi-Wan.

"Wait. We mean you no harm." One trooper came forward. I gasped.

"You're the one who came to me in the woods."

"Yeah." He pulled off his helmet. He had shaggy blond hair and brown eyes.

"I'm Cody."

"Aha," said Obi-Wan. "You must be Cody's son." He shrugged. Then he turned serious.

"We need to leave. Now."