Chapter 12

5 years later. . .

I ran a loving hand over the outside of my completed starship, Rouge Starfall. Now at seventeen, I had become much stronger in the Force, and could beat Obi-Wan at lightsaber battles. Vader still hadn't found us, but as I grew in the Force, Obi became increasing worried. Naturally, that made me worried as well. Obi's worry was well placed; the more I grew in the Force, the harder it was to keep my presence hidden. Although, Obi worried about something he kept secret from me. He knew how strong Vader was in the Force, and he sensed that Vader knew our location.

Later that day, I was wandering along the beach of a nearby lake, the setting sun painting the lake a deep red. The sight of the water dragged me back into one of my most feared memories. I was back on Ryloth as Darth Vader ignited his blood red blade and swung for Obi's head. Obi ignited his pure blue blade just in time. Then he shouting at me to run. And I ran for my life.

As I stopped my run along the shore, Obi called me over to our makeshift house.

"Skyler, we must leave. Vader has found us, and I know he's coming for you." As soon as he said this, Cody skidded to a halt behind me.

"Hate to disturb you, but we have company!" We ran outside our temporary house to see a Star Destroyer fly over head.

Cody looked at me. "Let me guess. They're here for you?"

But today I wasn't in the mood for his jokes. "Obviously!" I snarled angrily. "Who else would they be here for? A rouge stormtrooper of no importance?" Sadness flickered across Cody's features. As quickly as it came, the sadness was replaced with anger. A wry smirk graced his lips.

"Angry are we, Skylar? How does it feel to be the daughter of the most feared and inhumane person in the galaxy? Is Vader even human under all that armor? Hmmmm?" A scowl schooled my features and I launched myself at him. But I stopped just as my fist grazed his jaw. I looked back to see Obi using the Force to hold me in place.

"Skylar, what has come over you?" he shouted. "Anger is the path to the Darkside!"

A voice whispered in my head," These are your first steps. . ." I dropped my fist to my side. A chill crawled up my spine. Inwardly, I growled at the voice.

"Get out of my head!" I heard a sinister laugh as the voice faded away. Obi Wan looked at me again.

He softened his voice. "What's going on?" I sighed.

"Voices. Voices in my head. That feed on my anger, my fear and my hate. A voice that sends chills up my spine.Voices that I can't get out!" Obi-Wan frowned thoughtfully.

"When did the voices start?"

I shuffled. "Shouldn't we be leaving now?"

Obi glared at me. "Skylar, as soon as you answer the question, we can leave!"

"All right. The voices started when I was nine. The night you came."

"When were you planning on telling me this?" I shrugged.

"Never?" I said meekly. Cody grabbed my shoulder.

"We have to leave now, or we won't make it out of the system alive." Obi nodded, and we all ran for the docking bay. Obi and Cody muttered a plan while I warmed up my starship.

"What's all the whispering about?" I asked as Obi slid into the seat behind me and Cody sat in the co-pilot seat.

"We're debating where to take you next. Cody wants you to disappear on some remote planet where hopefully Vader won't find you again, but I want to take you to an old friend of mine." As I lifted my ship out of the dock, Obi-Wan's fingers turned white as he gripped the armrests on his seat.

"I forgot you don't like flying," I grinned at Obi.

"That's the same thing you're father said to me years ago," Obi muttered through clenched teeth. "And I'm not afraid of flying!" Cody and I both laughed as we made the jump to hyperspace.
****************************************

Darth Vader stalked down the hallway of The Executor, the stormtroopers parting as he strode past. Entering the docking bay, he halted.

"Admiral Ozzel!" boomed Vader's mechanical voice. A man in a olive-ish coloured Imperial commanding clothes scurried to Vader's side.

"Yes, Lord Vader?"

"You exited hyperspace too close to Naboo, and alerted Obi-Wan of our presence!"

"I thought a direct show of force would cause them to surrender. . !" Ozzel's sentence was cut off as Vader began to choke him.

"One more chance Admiral." Vader released Ozzel and he slid to the ground, panting. Slowly, he crawled to his feet.

"Won't happen again. . . Lord Vader," Ozzel wheezed.

"See to it Admiral. Your life depends on it." With that, Vader stalked back down the hall, black cape billowing out behind him.

Entering the bridge of The Executor, Vader shouted to no one in particular.

"Prepare my personal shuttle down to the planet!" He knew at least a dozen people would drop everything and carry out his bidding. He could have anything in the whole galaxy, and all he had to do was to threaten some weak minded individual into doing his bidding.

"Lord Vader, your shuttle is ready," a bridge officer said, her voice breaking into Vader's thoughts. Without a word, he stalked away.

Down on Naboo, Vader was wandering around the house he and Padme had stayed in years ago. He remember Anakin Skywalker, the boy he had been. Hopeless and in love, blinded by the light. Plus, Anakin had failed two of the most important people in the galaxy, his mother and Padme. Vader stopped by the place Padme and Anakin had first kissed, and to where they had frolicked in the field. As he went through these memories, from when he was a Jedi, he felt the pull of the light, the conflict that still existed in his soul. And then he heard a voice he hadn't heard since he was nine. A pale, rippled figure appeared in front of him.

"Anakin Skywalker." the figure said.

"Qui- Gon Jinn?" rasped Vader. The figure smiled sadly.

"What has become of you, my friend?" Qui-Gon said sadly. He lifted a hand in farewell, shimmered and disappeared.

*********************************************************

Alright everyone! Two things. First of all, I will be updating Vader's Lost Daughter every other Friday. Next, I have decided to have a contest within Vader's Lost Daughter. In each chapter, I will put in a quote from a movie or book and you have to private message me with the movie and the character who said the quote! Whoever messages me first will have the next chapter dedicated to them! Afterwards, feel free to comment your answer.

NOTE:
There are 2 quotes in this chapter. So you can guess either one. You can guess both, and if you get one right, the chapter will still be dedicated to you. Have fun!