Love Is In The Air

You are cordially invited to the blessed union of

Mister Colin Bridgerton

Miss Penelope Featherington

The day had finally arrived! The last month had been a quiet agony on the two young people as they snuck around, meeting in secret for a snog or four. They had almost been caught in the gardens one night. Just as Penelope took Colin in her mouth for the first time, Benedict was sneaking a smoke. Luckily he was quick about it and Colin was able to stifle his moans by biting his fist. Of course, Penelope being the little minx she is had decided to torture Colin by continuing to suck him as he prayed his older brother did not spot them.

"Penelope, are you ready?" She heard her mother ask from the other side of the door. Penelope knew what her mother wanted to talk about. Philippa had already warned her.

"Yes mama. Please come in." Portia Featherington was not the most hands-on mother nor the most nurturing, but she did love her daughters and want nothing but the best for them.

"Before we go down to meet the Viscount, I wanted to explain to you about what to expect on your wedding night." Penelope inwardly rolled her eyes at her mother. Sure, her and Colin had not had vaginal sex, but they were definitely not innocent. She just listened attentively as if ignorant of what to expect. "Just lie back and think of England. It will hurt but afterwards can be quite pleasant." Lie back and think of England? Oh mother! Penelope fought her smile and simply nodded in understanding.

Her mother took her hands in hers and stood back. "Oh my baby, my sweet girl. You are beautiful." Then her mother placed her hand lovingly on Penelope's cheek. "I know I don't say it, but I do love you, Penelope." Penelope smiled brightly at her mother.

"I love you too, mama."

Colin stood with Benedict at his side, eager and a bit nervous. He was moments away from marrying the woman he loved, his best friend, his Pen. He smiled to himself thinking of last night. He'd snuck into her bedroom and they held each other all night; sneaking kisses and touching each other. He couldn't wait to carry her over the threshold of their new home in Bloomsbury. Anthony and him found the two story cottage two weeks ago and he could not wait to surprise his bride with it tonight. His bride, his wife. Just then he felt his brother nudge him.

When he looked up, his jaw dropped. There she was; his beautiful Penelope on Anthony's arm. She wore a long flowing gown of lace with subtle floral accents; the creamy colour of the dress brought out her peaches and cream complexion. He felt his cock twitch thinking about how he'd remove it later on. Penelope smiled at him, tears in her eyes. Colin felt his eyes sting as well and just like that Anthony was handing her over to him.

"Hi."

"Hi."

They each laughed as they clasped hands. The reverend began. "Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today to join this man," he gestured to Colin, "and this woman, "gesturing to Penelope," together in holy matrimony." They were here. Getting married. Penelope couldn't help but think it was all a crazy dream. Colin wanted to smack himself for taking so long to realise that he was in love with Penelope in the first place.

"Colin, do you take take Penelope as your wife? To have and hold, from this day forward? In sickness and in health until death do you part?" The reverend asked.

"Yes, I do and even in death." He said as he stared intensely into her eyes.

"And do you, Penelope, take Colin as your husband? To have and hold, from this day forward? In sickness and in health until death do you part?" Penelope smiled then squeezed Colin's hand.