Oh But To Be In Love

Frannie! Aunt Winnie!" Hyacinth shrieked as the ladies disembarked from their carriage. "Oh and Earl Kilmartin," she curtsied at the tall Scottish gentleman.

"Oh, please call me John. You are to be my sister soon." Hyacinth smiled up at him and decided then that John was definitely going to make her older sister happy. Their tempers and happiness were matched perfectly.

Aunt Winnie greeted her sister-in-law with a tight hug. "Winnie, how are things in Bath? I hear Alistair is courting the Duke of Hamilton's eldest Henrietta." Alistair was Winnie and Hugo Bridgerton's only child, fifth in line for the Viscountcy. Hugo died in a horse riding accident just five years after Edmund.

"Yes. Oh, she is so lovely and accomplished! Henri speaks four languages and is masterful on the pianoforte. Oh and her voice! That is what really had Al falling head over heels." Winnie bragged with her childlike voice. "And you, you need to come visit after all of these weddings are over. There is a special spot on the beach near the manor I love to picnic at."

Colin came out with Penelope on his arm. He introduced his wife to his future brother. "Kilmartin!" He shook his hand. "Pen! This is Frannie's fiancé John, the Earl of Kilmartin. John, my lovely wife, Penelope."

John kissed her hand, "Pleasure, Penelope. Good thing you married her when you did Bridgerton. My cousin Michael will be here for the wedding. Penelope here would have been just his type." Penelope blushed and Colin scoffed at him.

"That rake would have had no chance with my beautiful lady. Pen here is way too intelligent and witty to fall for Michael Kilmartin." Colin chuckled but tightened his hold on his sweet wife, kissing her temple.

Eloise introduced Christopher to her younger sister and her future husband. Everyone seemed to be getting along well and they all sat down for tea. Benedict introduced Sophie to his sister, Francesca, and her Earl as well as Aunt Winnie. He had surprised everyone two days ago at breakfast. He showed off his courting gift to Sophie. A beautiful portrait of the young woman with the garden at My Cottage in the background.

All morning Eloise and Christopher were trying to figure out a way to meet together...alone. Secret touches under the table at mealtimes just wasn't enough to satisfy their urges.

Penelope knew just how her best friend felt. Colin knew how Lord Debling felt. The sympathetic newlyweds made a plan. After tea, they would invite the affianced couple on a walk through the grounds of the estate.

As they passed over the first hill right before the pond, Penelope and Colin split off from them with a wink. "Meet you back here in an hour?" Colin asked and Eloise couldn't help but smile. Taking Lord Debling's hand she pulled him off to her spot.

"Where are you taking me, Eloise Bridgerton?" Lord Debling asked with a light chuckle. She was leading him through a small crop of trees then came across a small structure.

"Christopher Debling? I introduce you to Alphabet Cottage." She gestured toward the shed-like building before opening the door. "Anthony, Ben, and Colin built this three summers before our father died. It was passed down to each of us once each sibling grew out of it. Frannie, Greg, and Hy are the last of us to use it. Although, I guess now it will just be Gregory and Hyacinth's clubhouse now." She sighed wistfully thinking about the past.

Eloise opened the doors and beckoned him inside. The walls were lined with hand drawn photos, parchment with made up stories and fake newspapers which were written by the beautiful woman to his right. He turned and hugged her close. Eloise went up on her tiptoes and kissed his jaw.

Christopher knelt down on the floor and, grasping her derrière, pushed his face against her front. She combed her fingers through his hair. He hooked his thumbs into the waistband of her panties and pushed them down her legs. He heard her whispered 'Yes!' before lowering herself to the ground.