To Love - To Live - To Grow

Benedict was dropped off at My Cottage on the ride to Aubrey Hall. Christopher, his mother, and Sophie were following in their own carriage. Colin and Penelope were coming to spend a few weeks with the family and had news to share. Anthony and Kate had already arrived with Gregory and Hyacinth in tow. Francesca was visiting her suitor John, the Earl of Kilmartin, with their Aunt as chaperone since she lives not an hours drive from the Kilmartin Estate. They expected a proposal by the end of the week.

In two weeks time, the Viscount and Vicountess would be holding a ball to celebrate the engagement of his sisters Eloise and Francesca to Lord Debling and Earl Kilmartin respectively. There was also the possibility of another engagement soon. Benedict knew he was destined to marry Sophie Beckett. Violet was over the moon excited that all of her children were finding love matches.

Eloise was her biggest surprise of all. To think her obstinate, headstrong daughter found a match, a love match at that! She has sworn herself to become a spinster for years. Christopher Debling was sweet tempered, a supporter of women's rights, and a saint if he could deal with Eloise Meredith Bridgerton.

"Mother, if you would like, when we stop at My Cottage I could have Mrs. Thomas make us some tea. I would love to show Miss Sophie the house and gardens." Violet smiled, her eyes softened at the hopeful look in his eyes. How could she say no?

"Of course, my darling boy." She patted his hand.

"Mother, you have got to be the most wonderful mother in all of England." Eloise rolled her eyes at her brother's brown-nosing.

"And you have got to be the most ass kissing brother in all the Ton." Eloise grumbled.

"Eloise! Language!" Violet chastised.

"You're just sore because Mother wouldn't let you sit in Debling's carriage. Do not fret my dear sister. You have only two months left until your wedding. Then you can ride him, oh, I mean ride with him whenever you please." Eloise smacked at his arm. "Pardon me sister. Slip of the tongue, I swear!" He chuckled as she elbowed him as Violet just shook her head at her children's antics.

The carriage came to a stop and the door opened with Lord Debling standing next to Footman John waiting to take Eloise's hand. "Miss Bridgerton, if I may?" Eloise actually giggled as her fiancé took her hand in his then tucked it into his arm, walking towards his mother and Miss Sophie. Footman John helped the Dowager Vicountess down from the carriage and Benedict jumped down and made his way over to Sophie after he checked that his mother was well.

"Miss Sophie, I would be honored if you would accompany me on a quick tour. My mother will chaperone, of course." Sophie dipped her head and took his arm, a bright smile developing on both of their faces. "El, you don't mind asking Mrs. Thomas to start a tea service, do you dear sister?"

Eloise waved him off, "But of course my favorite brother." She walked to the front door where Mrs. Thomas stood waiting to greet the party. "Mrs. Thomas!" Eloise hugged the kind woman.

"Miss Eloise! My goodness! I haven't seen you in an age!" She smiled and then, seeing Lord Debling and Lady Fiona stilled, "Oh, pardon me." She curtsied.

"Oh, Mrs. Thomas, may I introduce Lord Christopher Debling and his mother Lady Fiona. Christopher, this is Mrs. Thomas. Her husband Jasper and her are the caretakers of My Cottage when Benedict is not around."

"It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance, Mrs. Thomas. My, this is such a gorgeous cottage. Yes, Miss Sophie will be very happy here." Eloise grabbed his arm again. Seeing Mrs. Thomas's confusion, she explained.

"Oh, Benedict is courting the young lady. He is to be engaged soon. He did ask for a tea service. Mother and he are giving Sophie a tour of the gardens. Oh! And I am to be wed to Lord Debling. You and Jasper will come, won't you?" Eloise gushed. Mrs. Thomas hugged the both of them.