Somebody To Love

Mother, this is Miss Eloise Bridgerton, her mother the Dowager Viscountess Violet Bridgerton and Mister Benedict Bridgerton. Everyone, my mother Lady Fiona Debling." He was not as nervous as he thought he'd be seeing her for the first time in almost two months. Their letters were something he cherished greatly.

"I am very pleased to meet you all. Lord Debling has told me so much about you all. Mister Bridgerton, I hope you will find time to view our gallery. We have just acquired a piece by Jean Auguste Dominique Ingres called Grande Odalisque. A bit risqué but I believe it to be rather beautiful. There are some original pieces from my late husband. He was quite the artist himself in his younger years before he became Lord of Brighton Hall."

Benedict smiled brightly at the woman. She seemed like a lovely lady and if she was twenty years younger, he'd have found himself quite taken. "That would be lovely, my Lady." He took her hand in his and kissed her knuckles causing her to smirk.

Lady Debling looked to Lady Violet and Eloise, "Oh, he's good." They all chuckled and Benedict looking a bit pink.

Eloise took Lady Debling's arm and linked it with hers. "Oh, I like you very much." The two women giggled as they made their way indoors. Christopher watched his mother and the young lady he was starting to fall in love with wistfully before following with Lady Violet on his arm, Benedict not far behind.

"And this is the solar. I love the big, bright windows especially on a beautiful day like today. If you look out here, you can see the fishing village and marina off in the distance. It's a short carriage ride, but I prefer the walk best." Christopher chuckled at his mother's rambling. "And what, pray tell, is so humorous my son?" Lady Fiona asked.

"Nothing at all mother. I have just never heard you so enthusiastic." Christopher walked closer to where Eloise was. He needed to be close to her; he was drawn to her. "Miss Eloise?" She turned to face him, one eyebrow raised and a smirk playing on her lips. "Mayhaps after tea, you would like a turn in the garden?"

"I would love to." She said in a practical sigh.

"And I will accompany you as chaperone." Benedict said as he approached them.

"Nonsense, Mister Bridgerton. Lady Violet and I can accompany them. You should enjoy the gallery and then if inspiration comes, my maid Sophie could show you my late husband's studio." He smiled over to Lady Fiona.

"A studio, you say? Mother, why don't we have a studio at Number 5?" His mother shook her head.

"My dear boy, the question is why don't you have a studio at My Cottage?" Lady Fiona looked confused so they explained that Number 5 was Lady Violet and the younger children's house in London and that My Cottage was Benedict's country home near Aubrey Hall.

"And why did you name it My Cottage?" Lady Fiona asked with a smile.

"Because, it's My (he pointed to himself) Cottage." Benedict gave s lopsided grin as they all laughed at his shenanigans.

"My Lady, My Lord? The tea is ready." Benedict turned at sound of the sweetest voice he had ever heard. His heart stopped. This beautiful young woman stood holding a tray laden with fingers sandwiches, fruits, cheese and biscuits as an older woman followed with tea. She was the most magnificent creature he had ever laid eyes on. He wanted to put her to the canvas. She was inspirational personified.

"Thank you, Sophie dear. Oh, Sophie, if it isn't any trouble, could you show Mister Bridgerton the art gallery after tea and the studio? His a painter, you see, and I thought it would be a great treat for our guest." Lady Fiona asked the maid.

Sophie looked and met his eyes, a blush forming on her cheeks. "Of course, my Lady. I would be happy to." She curtsied then fled the room. Stopping as she cleared the door, Sophie back up to the wall, placing a hand over her beating heart. He was the man of her dreams, but there was no way he'd ever be with a girl so below his station. "Come on, Soph! He's just a man. Just a handsome artist from a family of high breeding. Oh blast!" She thought to herself.