Catching Up.

It burns.....

It hurts......

I should have listened.....

I shouldn't have turned my back.....

I should have killed her.....

I should have burned her to ashes.....

I should have.....but I didn't.

I couldn't.

No matter how hard I tried....

I don't think I would have been able to kill her.....

Even now.....if she were right in front of me.....I wouldn't be able to do it.

And I'm paying the price.

Any second now.....I'll hit the ground. Then it's all over. No more Mai. No more Fire Nation. No more Azula. No more Ty Lee....

Ty Lee....I'm sorry.

I shouldn't have let her see that.....

I wish I could have said goodbye.....

....I hope she'll be okay. Even if I don't see her again.

.
.
.
.
.
I wonder what death feels like.
________________________________

Y/N suddenly wakes up, his eyes shooting open as he sits up alarmed. The pain was gone. He puts his hand on the ground, finding soft grass instead of hard stone.

He looks around, immediately noticing the familiar surroundings.

Paradise?

But why is he here now?

Is this the Afterlife? Is this where spirits go to rest....? That can't be possible, right?

Y/N: "....Hello...?"

Y/N looks around as he speaks, only to find nothing but trees, flowers, and fog.

Confused, Y/N stands up and turns around, feeling a soft breeze blow through the air. In the direction of the breeze...stood a small boy in a cloak.

The boy stares at Y/N before walking away.

Y/N: "Wait!"

Y/N chases after the child, running straight into the fog in search of any answers as to where he is, or what he's here for....only to come out the other side and find the boy gone.

Y/N tilts his head and continues forward, glancing around for the young boy.

Upon seeing nothing but fog, Y/N looks down and sighs, closing his eyes as he tries to think of what to do. After coming up with nothing, Y/N opens his eyes to find the small child standing directly in front of him.

"You're slow...."

The boy walks through the fog again, and Y/N immediately follows again. He dashes through the fog, finding the boy waiting for him on the other side this time.

"She wants to see you...."

The boy turns on his heel and walks away again. Y/N groans and follows, finding him standing against a tree.

"You should thank her. You wouldn't be here without her help."

The boy waits for Y/N to walk closer to him before moving to the side and pointing into the fog.

Y/N: "....Who are you?"

".....Her memory."

Y/N looks in the direction the boy pointed, before looking back and finding him gone. He sighs and walks over to the fog. Something about it is different this time. Like it's...calling him. It made him anxious. What's on the other side?